The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Not getting it? He did great with the role he was given last year... I don’t get the hate. He makes chump change sure he isn’t the best overall 6th pick but hell he isn’t terrible. Unlock the eye of The dark lord dude he isn’t the worst thing or biggest problem on the team

Not getting it by the simple fact that he has top 6 talent but doesn’t want to “earn it”. Just because he did great in a bottom 6 role (and I’d say “better” as he was inconsistent and I do like him), doesn’t mean that’s “enough”. He was a 6th overall pick who has 25 goal ability and a lot to offer. The lack of professionalism he’s shown by not giving the effort in the offseason now 3 out of 4 years does suggest he’s not getting it. We didn’t draft him to be a 3rd/4th line winger. Now if that’s where he ends up because that’s his ceiling so be it, but you have to be your best to know where your ceiling is. He isn’t giving his best. Do you think if he came to camp in great shape (like Bo and Petey have), showing he was really committed this offseason people or the coaches would be on him? No, in fact he’d get a lot more rope because it would show he’s motivated and cares. His actions suggest the opposite.

Edited by Freddy40
  • Haha 1

Jake Virtanen the one and ONLY player who has refused to sign autographs for fans at training camp.

2 days in a row sneaks out a back door and avoids the fans.  

Autographs aren't an expectation but I think it's weird when hes the only guy who refuses,  meanwhile Pettersson is hounded everywhere he goes for photos and autographs and does it with a smile on his face

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Not once does green or jake  say it was fitness........it was the reporter.....no quotes backing up what you say.....your reaching just like that reporter

Dude - wow. Yep offseason goals for a professional athlete are really how many games you win on NHL 19, he must have just missed it by 2 wins and told the coaches after his fitness testing and that’s why they sent him a message. Really, his offseason goals as a pro athlete had nothing to do with fitness. It’s just a coincidence that the issue arose after fitness testing. Yep! 

They really wanted him to meet that offseason nhl 19 goal of 200 wins, that’s gotta be it! 

smh 

Edited by Freddy40

Just now, Freddy40 said:

Dude - wow 

What? That's a fact.... Read it. 

His conditioning, it would seem, is an issue.

“I think he’s a big part of our team. He’s a big part of my future, so I don’t want people to start reading anything other than he wasn’t in the groups today,” Green said.

green didn't say the top part the reporter did.....so your reaching....just like the reporter cause none of us know....

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Per Her Son said:

So he set some tough goals and just about achieved them, sounds like improvement. 

You guys are ridiculous, no wonder Kesler left. 

Is that why green sent him a message first day? Because he improved? Really?

PS Kesler was one of the fittest Canucks and left because we were entering a rebuild and he wanted a chance at a cup. 

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

What? That's a fact.... Read it. 

His conditioning, it would seem, is an issue.

“I think he’s a big part of our team. He’s a big part of my future, so I don’t want people to start reading anything other than he wasn’t in the groups today,” Green said.

green didn't say the top part the reporter did.....so your reaching....just like the reporter cause none of us know....

Denial lol wow 

err quote “his conditioning, it would seem, is an issue”

Edited by Freddy40

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Point is 20-25 a night minutes aren't given to 3rd pair dmen... name another 3rd pair dman getting that ice time. Again I’ll wait. 

Hutton played over 22 minutes a night for the Canucks mostly due to injuries.  Byfuglien only played 42 games last season and averaged over 24min a night - they had to spread his minutes around.  Myers was 4th with 20:20.  In the playoffs with Byfuglien healthy he was 5th with 18:30.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Hutton played over 22 minutes a night for the Canucks mostly due to injuries.  Byfuglien only played 42 games last season and averaged over 24min a night - they had to spread his minutes around.  Myers was 4th with 20:20.  In the playoffs with Byfuglien healthy he was 5th with 18:30.

He's averaged 22-25 minutes per game over the last 5 years. You guys are cherry picking a year that Winnipeg was very deep defensively...

• Upvote 4

How so? You act like you know for a fact....but your full of b.s.....

im pointing there could many of things but none of us know, so don't talk like your speaking facts .....cause you don't know.....

Ok bro. Maybe some of us use common sense. You got a bromance going i get it. You do you 

• Wat 1

That part was said by the report not green or Jake. Someone needs to stay in school

So what offseason goals are they referring to? NHL 19 wins, fishing derby caught fish, how many slices of Pizza Hut in one sitting, how many green skittles in a bag? What offseason goals could it be for a pro athlete that were not met and reported right after fitness testing? Hmm I wonder? Must have been the ol skittles goal! You’re right! 

Smh 

Edited by Freddy40