The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Demko played well but I am in Green's camp.  The team wasn't all in and to be honest I was getting frustrated watching the game. It's hard sometimes to just accept its a pre-season game but we haven't exactly taken any games by the horns. I hope we go into Edmonton and play a full 60 minutes. We seem to have spurts of good play then went back into the mud. Maybe it was the quality of players on the ice. Hard to say.

There are a lot of AHL players out there.  The play is scrambly.  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

if you want playoffs, you will want him

Lol, we all talk about anchor contracts on the 3rd and 4th lines. We have a guy who has a good game to increase his value and some want to keep him to make the playoffs :picard:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Does anyone have the GIF of Boeser's sniping Dmen? Lol. he dropped like two guys in a row from his wrister.

This was funny too. Nothing like having your leg broken from Boeser's wrister LOL

pretty sure it was mcquaid the first time before that injury lol, poor fella.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Lol, we all talk about anchor contracts on the 3rd and 4th lines. We have a guy who has a good game to increase his value and some want to keep him to make the playoffs :picard:

If you do trade him who replaces him as 3C? Miller? He looks good with Bo. Guadette?? I for one am not convinced he's an NHLer. 

Edited by KanNuck
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Shouldn’t that be our goal this year? To maximize our chances at making the playoffs. I think we have a lot better chance with Sutter as our 3c or at the very least on our team in some capacity. 

Yeah, I would bite the bullet and pay up to move Eriksson.

Maybe a team would bite on a deal with Gadjovich and a mid pick as a sweetener for Loui?

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching the game (I always PVR them to skip the commercials). The reffing getting off to a horrid start as usual. How many times does our goalie have to be run over before they'll call a goalie interference penalty? Like a guy going through the crease unchecked running over our goalie isn't a penalty? Oilers got away with so much garbage this game. Canucks did a bit too, but man. Pisses me off so much watching this trash.

• Haha 1

I thought Myers looked extremely poor tonight. Had a couple  good controlled exits, but coughed up the puck numerous of times, and wasn't all that sound defensively. Only one pre-season game though, so I'll reserve further judgement.

Hughes was absolutely fantastic. My god his skating ability is a treat to watch.

Watching Ferland play was refreshing. Been awhile since we've had a big body that can hit, skate, shoot, and keep up with the play. Both him and Petey were awesome tonight.

Goldobin and Boucher were average. 

Sutter was absolutely fantastic, hopefully he continues his play. His offensive upside was on display.

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I thought Myers looked extremely poor tonight. Had a couple  good controlled exits, but coughed up the puck numerous of times, and wasn't all that sound defensively. Only one pre-season game though, so I'll reserve further judgement.

Hughes was absolutely fantastic. My god his skating ability is a treat to watch.

Watching Ferland play was refreshing. Been awhile since we've had a big body that can hit, skate, shoot, and keep up with the play. Both him and Petey were awesome tonight.

Goldobin and Boucher were average. 

Sutter was absolutely fantastic, hopefully he continues his play. His offensive upside was on display.

Myers is huge though he's like at least 19 feet tall

Loved that hit from Ferkland in the first when buddy had his eyes on the puck. WHAMMO!