The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Oilers | 7pm

Rate this topic

taskicon

27 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Funny you mentioned the seats as I noticed that the bruins have changed their seats from yellow to black this season. After seeing how nice that royal blue was in Victoria the other night, I’m wondering when FA is going to spend some money on changing the seats to blue or green. I Agree 100% with you that the Maroon seats look awful and shouldn’t still be a part of Rogers arena. 

Maybe the seats were installed during the navy blue/maroon era of Canucks jerseys.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can't ignore anyone here. hockeygod77's posts are entertaining.

I find there's a fine line between idiocy I find entertaining and idiocy I find lowering my IQ when I read it. His brand seems to be leaning towards the latter.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Maybe the seats were installed during the navy blue/maroon era of Canucks jerseys.

Indeed they were way back when. Those colours haven’t been used however in 13 years and I don’t think we will be going back to the original orca colours. Gotta get with the times because these times are going to be grrrrrrrrreat! (In all seriousness I’m sure to replace all 18910 seats at Rogers would cost a pretty penny. FA is good for it and it would look  a hell of a lot better then how they look now);)

Edited by EP Phone Home

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Indeed they were way back when. Those colours haven’t been used however in 13 years and I don’t think we will be going back to the original orca colours. Gotta get with the times because these times are going to be grrrrrrrrreat! (In all seriousness I’m sure to replace all 18910 seats at Rogers would cost a pretty penny. FA is good for it and it would look  a hell of a lot better then how they look now);)

They should just keep them in storage and then sell them off as memorabilia.  

"Official seats of the 2010 Olympics and the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals"

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

looked at the stat sheet and as a whole we were 28% efficient in the faceoff dot.

Sutter 25% , Gaudette 21%, Graovac 14%, Pettersson, 46% from our four centers.

I know its just preseason and players are warming  up, but Edmonton didn't have any proven NHL calibre centers either.  Some areas of much needed growth for both Petey and Gaudette.  Ill let Sutter slide a bit but I expect  him back to near 50% proficiency like he has been.

Still main take away for me is that I think Gaudette would likely be a much better pro player as a winger.  His style of play looks more like a winger to me.  His speed, tenacious forecheck mentality, shoot first decision, and inclination to skate deep in both offensive on the forechek to use his body.   Thought his reads were off again tonight in all three zones where he looked like he lost his own positioning and spent a lot of time chasing rather than instinctual knowing positionally where to be, but certainly was not from lack of try.  Still too raw overall as a player.  He needs time in the AHL to learn the pro game overall, but as a winger not a center.  

I think that it's Tippet effect.   Phoenix used to have a good faceoff team because of Tippet so I would think that it is the case and the Oilers were playing Tippet's system.  This might be one-off as a bad night and hopefully that it won't be the case going forward.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

They should just keep them in storage and then sell them off as memorabilia.  

"Official seats of the 2010 Olympics and the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals"

Exactly put them where the good ol Grizzlies court is being stored and somebody will pay for that historic sentimental value. I likie, I likie like!

Sure glad to see the ones the naysayers have been complaining about are doing well. Sutter, Virtanen, LE and even Meyers. From watching the prospects so far, including Gaudette, I don't see anyone prepared to take over any of our veterans jobs just yet. Now Hughes, he is not taking anyone's position as we have not had a PMD for a long time..

We seem to have a good mixture of young core guys with some veterans. This spells success IMHO.

If we can avoid the injury bug for once, we're in business.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I like what Myers brings.  Big guy big shot and a good skater.   

Id really like to see Goldy get some time with EP again.  I can see a real difference in Goldy's game.  He looks committed

Really happy with the supporting cast.  Utica is is going to have a solid group.  .

Green moved Goldobin up to EP's line, he had the second assist on the goal. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

If Gaudette makes the team we could move Sutter to wing and play a shutdown line like this. Also I think Jake will score more with a playmaker like Baertchi on his line.

Ferland Petterson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Miller

Baertchi Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte/Leivo Beagle Sutter 

Roussel 

I would like to see Boeser play with Horvat at least some of the time, say on nights when the regular lines aren't working, honestly I'd like to see it every night as they play well together, it makes the offense more balanced.

Ferland Petterson Goldobin

Miller Horvat Boeser