The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to announce captain at home opener (Oct.9,2019)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

27 minutes ago, MM16 said:

I’ve heard that too... from a season ticket holder 

Team store will be adding letters for free if you purchased your jersey through them. 

Edit: **Only for the new jerseys.**

Edited by JRSJ
Clarity.

23 minutes ago, JRSJ said:

Team store will be adding letters for free if you purchased your jersey through them. 

Edit: **Only for the New Jersey’s.**

This makes the most sense. Just wouldn’t seem right to have C on a Horvat Jersey from the Sedin era.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, EdgarM said:

I hope our next Captain resembles leadership qualities similar to Linden and less of Hank. If I see one more "gentlemanly" leader again I am going to vomit. I want a leader who will "give everything" right to the last minute of a game 7 of a Stanley Cup final. I don't care what he says to the press or what he does in the community, I want him to be the LEADER ON THE ICE and a LEADER IN THE LOCKER ROOM, PERIOD. A leader who's only goal is the Stanley Cup and will not be just satisfied with a President's Cup.

If Bo wants to lead like this, I am 110% behind him. GCG!!!:canucks:

also a leader who has one gear for the regular season called 110% , and another for the playoffs, 125%  I think Bo can be that player for us.. much like Linden did throughout his career.

• Upvote 1

I recall JB (or could’ve been Green) saying on 1040 last week that he ideally sees the team with a C and 4 alternating As. (still trying to find the clip)

The Canucks named 4 As in a tweet already. If Bo is captain, will they also name a new 4th A?

My prediction for tonight: Hank arrives to hand Bo the C, then Bo turns around and hands Petey his A.

Why is Horvat captain material? I wonder how the team will respond to his captaincy is he well liked in the room?. Is he the hardest working player in the gym. What qualities does he bring outside game play. Anyone have that information. ??

Edited by Bertorama
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 3:47 PM, Bertorama said:

Why is Horvat captain material? I wonder how the team will respond to his captaincy is he well liked in the room?. Is he the hardest working player in the gym. What qualities does he bring outside game play. Anyone have that information. ??

Considering it's been reported the team already calls him Cap' speaks for itself

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 3:47 PM, Bertorama said:

Not sure about that, but he is one of the hardest working guy on the team. I guess this is one of many qualities of being a captain, no?

Come on people, are we still talking about this??  It's so dang obvious, and Aquilini even came out and said it's the worst kept secret.  So can we just all agree that Brandon Sutter will be the captain and move on?  Geez...

In other news, Brandon Sutter's initials is B.S.

2 hours ago, AgentEnforcer said:

Two of the jerseys worn last night were Adidas branded (Kurtenbach (Original) and Smyl (V)) - wondering if these were specially created for the game or if Adidas will be releasing them at some point.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cQRseHRMq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Kirk McLean's jersey was adidas too, probably more so because it's the same jersey the team is actually wearing this year.