The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to announce captain at home opener (Oct.9,2019)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Why does this have to be a big presentation?  If you got a captain name him now, put the C on his jersey for the first game of the year then you can do your over the top celebration on the home opener.

That's a Canadian market for you. It must be a spectacle, because the fans demand it, and the media hype it up.

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Why does this have to be a big presentation?  If you got a captain name him now, put the C on his jersey for the first game of the year then you can do your over the top celebration on the home opener.

This

please no spectacles!

• Upvote 1

Petey neither wants nor needs the pressure and distraction of wearing the C.

It has to be Bo. He wants it. He's been campaigning for it since before Hank left (in a good way.) He's done everything the team has asked him to. He's always there to talk to the media. He's been clear about wanting it. He's the obvious and right choice and I think the guys will happily support his captaincy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, poetica said:

Petey neither wants nor needs the pressure and distraction of wearing the C.

It has to be Bo. He wants it. He's been campaigning for it since before Hank left (in a good way.) He's done everything the team has asked him to. He's always there to talk to the media. He's been clear about wanting it. He's the obvious and right choice and I think the guys will happily support his captaincy.

It feels like an irresponsible thing to say he doesn’t want the C. I think most players dream of the opportunity. Whether he’s the best candidate or not is debatable though.