The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to announce captain at home opener (Oct.9,2019)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

10 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Hey guys . Looks like the wait is over 

20191001_133557.jpg

Would like to hear that it was announced Bo captain and then watch him skate over to Eriksson and say "if you don't start playing 6 million worth I'll drag your sorry as_ outside the arena and punch your lights out OR.. feel free to retire or play in sweden"

Ok so one can dream can't they? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Hmmmmmmm.....  so you are saying, people in general, all things (ticket prices) being equal, would feel the urge to go to the game coz of the captain-intro ceremony? Interesting... coz I wouldn't... if I was ever gonna pay to watch the season opener, I wouldn't care... and if I never planned to spend the $, seeing Bo get the C in person wouldn't really push me to spend that $....

I guess it depends on the person. I bought tickets to the home opener specifically for the experience of seeing Henrik give Bo the C. It’s gonna be an awesome experience. Goosebumps. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I guess it depends on the person. I bought tickets to the home opener specifically for the experience of seeing Henrik give Bo the C. It’s gonna be an awesome experience. Goosebumps. 

Ticket prices already went up as soon as they announced this. So you're not alone.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that should have been the 50th jersey - looks great. 

This, and being the permanent Jersey.

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

I can't get over how smart this looks!

And I'm not even a big fan of the flying skate.  Maybe its because the skate is more horizontal on here rather than downwards.  Maybe its Bo's nonchalant expression of "I got this".

Like poster below said, it's the Black it's bold and stands out way more, gives that more mean darker image, makes it stand out as intimidating.

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Its the black, its psychologically intimidating and I don't know why they ever changed from this jersey. Its pretty damn sharp looking.

Looks just as sharp on Bo as it did on Linden, looks like it should be permanent that's how good it looks, even I'm amazed how good that photo looks.

• Like 3

What if the intended Captain gets injured during the first road games and management decides, so it doesn't look awkward, just gets anyone from the roster that is not injured.

It's like ... the first person they see is Jordie Benn and Benning says "hey Jordie ... You're the captain now" 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, shiznak said:

The thought of people actually thinking Pettersson should be named captain is mind-boggling. It’s his second year in the league, and unlike Toews/Landeskog/McDavid, who were named captain in their second year. Pettersson never struck me as someone who had leaderships qualities at such a young age, like those three.

Pettersson doesn't strike you as the leader-type? 

He's miles ahead of anyone on the team in terms of hockey smarts, and he's likely the hardest worker on the team. He  also has a very, "tell it like it is" way of dealing with the media. 

Pettersson is as good of a leader as anyone, including Bo & Brock, on the Canucks. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, igorwasgreat said:

Please no big spectacle, my thoughts are; start with the video montage ( past 50 years ) , cue “ where the streets have no name” let it run awhile,  fade into the new warm up song/ music, out of the tunnel comes the Captain leading the team on the ice. Done

And fade  it into Back in Black and have everyone come out in their skate jerseys led by Horvat...and just have the streets have no name used when H. Sedin comes out - then put it in the history books and never use it again.   Then have the team announce they are going back to the skate jerseys permanently - and the orca becomes the third one...well one could dream anyways.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

He's miles ahead of anyone on the team in terms of hockey smarts, and he's likely the hardest worker on the team. He  also has a very, "tell it like it is" way of dealing with the media. 

Pettersson is as good of a leader as anyone, including Bo & Brock, on the Canucks. 

I’ve never heard from any scouts or hockey pundits that have watched him religiously said anything about his leadership skills.

Just because he works hard, and is the best skilled player on the team, doesn’t mean you have leadership qualities.

• Upvote 1

$&!#e it's 1-1.. can the boys score 6 real fast?   Ok so 7-1 was a wishful thought but as soon as this team gets used to playing with all the new arrivals we're going to do well, that just need some playing time to get a lot better in a hurry. My guess is 3-4 games tops if Greener can find and use the best chemistry without separating Petey and Ferland.. the rest is interchangeable for the most part but we'll be fine.. watch all the haters come out of the woodwork if we lose a few games until we find our best game and go on a tear.. 

Edited by iceman64

15 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

Listening to Petey during the media scrum before the season was rough. Let the kid play hockey. Don’t make him do media stuff when he’s struggling to get his point across. Bo’s been groomed for this going back as far as Junior. Hell, Edler or Tanev I’d say should wear the C before Petey. No diss to Petey’s future leadership, he just isn’t there now.

Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini on SN 650 right now; he more or less confirmed that Bo Horvat will be the captain, without actually coming out and saying it, simply stating, "We will name our captain on Wednesday at the home opener, and it's the worst-kept secret in town,"

When pressed further by Sat Shah if it will be Bo Horvat, FA said, "I can't confirm anything," 

Go Canucks Go, Go Captain Bo Go!!  :towel:

• Upvote 2