The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

That bottom 6 is pathetic, no way Baertschi and Gaudette shouldn't be in there.

You'd assume a checking line would, I dunno, check somebody. Zero physicality tonight and it showed.

Everybody looks way too rusty. It's like playing preseason games with scrubs who aren't gonna make it and line combinations that aren't going to be anything... are completely pointless. Play the guys who are gonna play together, together. If you wanna ice scrubs, ice them together and see who shines most.

Boeser missing half of camp showing too.

Markstrom and Edler were the two Canucks who really showed up tonight. Schaller should not be on this team, he brings *nothing*. Eriksson even had a passable game tonight.

Sutter looked like he was hurt or something, way, way slower than usual.

Where the hell are Baertshi, Goldobin and Gaudette? If you have a checking line that doesn't check, then there you go - there's a third scoring line. Oh, wait, Schaller gets a free pass.

Hughes is not ready "on this day" for the NHL. He looked pretty bad defensively in preseason, was hoping it was jitters, but no. He's pretty bad defensively at least with the last 3-4 games I've seen him do. He can make something happen for sure offensively. Hopefully he figures it out a lot sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Good

Markstrom

Edler

Myers

Miller

Horvat

Leivo

MEH

Petey

Pearson

Boeser

Hughes

Benn

Stech

Tanev

Not Good

Schaller

Louie

Virt

Beagle 

Sutter

Ferland

I thought Benn was pretty good tonight. His tape to tape passes are extremely crisp and accurate.

Pearson was definitely one of our better forwards.

I agree with pretty much the rest. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ferland was sleepy tonight. I expect a better performance next game.

Boeser man, his foot speed seems like it's holding him back. Always a step or two behind the play

Boeser barely had any pre season.... + missed camp..

Just now, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The NHL season is a marathon not a sprint. Edmonton squeaked one out tonight, but in the grand scheme of things we all know how the seasons going to end for them

i dont care how it ends for them, i'm worried how it ends for us. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Good

Markstrom

Edler

Myers

Miller

Horvat

Leivo

MEH

Petey

Pearson

Boeser

Hughes

Benn

Stech

Tanev

Not Good

Schaller

Louie

Virt

Beagle 

Sutter

Ferland

the fact that almost the entire bottom 6 is in the "not good" category is bad. Feel like we could've used Gaudette's jump tonight

• Like 1

Just now, spook007 said:

Boeser barely had any pre season.... + missed camp..

Boeser's foot speed has always been issue, and him being too slow to catch up to the play has always been evident. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Wayne Jetski said:

Hughes was arguably the best canuck all night. And he had more of a motor then half the team...

I think he was one of the best Canucks too. I'm not sure why people don't think he played well as I genuinely thought he did.

However what you see is pure talent and skill. I'm not saying he's not trying his best. It's just that naturally, he doesn't have a "fire" to his game, like Stecher has.

The way he plays will always look like he's being super passive, kind of like Edler.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1