The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

This game shows the depth and balance of the team that Benning has built. The Bo and Petey were held off, but we still generated offence (turd period not so much)

All 6 defence played well. Liked the Benn crunch.

Marky.

That was a tight game, no space. Marvin the Martian wouldn’t be pleased.

Leivo has my vote for most frustrating player. Puck died on his stick. I agree with another poster maybe Leivo is being showcased for a trade.

Ferland is coming around, he was throwing some meat around, saw some hustle. Maybe revert back to the original plan, 6-40-79, 53-9-70.

Jake looks lost. Maybe Jake-Guad-Sven?

Credit when credit is due, Schaller, good game.

Go Canucks Go!!!

I believe!!

Well that’s ultra positive for a shootout win when we’re outshot badly By a tired team whoS travelled the world over, lol.

i wouldn’t day the depth played a role here I liked the big guys and Pearson and that’s about it but that’s me

anyway I do like your positivity you should give some To me. The actual truth is somewhere in the middle probably 

Thought we played a decent first 2 periods but that 3rd period was dreadful. We can thank Marky for that win.

Pearson was the best forward tonight by a mile. 
We really need to finish some of these chances. Our lack of ability to put teams away last season was a killer.

and for the love of god, STOP with the Too Many Men penalties!!!

• Upvote 1

That 4-on-3 in the OT was poorly run, failing to set up EP for one timer on PP was very disappointing. There was a Flyer parked right in front of him, preventing that one timer but that has been the case since the 2nd half of last season. The fact that our PP coach still hasn't figured out a way to get EP that one timer is very disappointing.  

Every team knows OV is going to let it rip from his zone, and yet, it doesn't stop OV from ripping the puck. With Washington, the play is made down low by Backstrom and Kuznetsov from either side, which makes it hard to predict when the puck is going to make its way to OV. And they have Oshie relaying the puck, who himself has an ability to let it go when the opportunity arises With us, it's predictable when the puck is going to either Boeser or EP as the play is made by the lone defenceman up top in the center (the so called umbrella alignment).

Some tweaks are needed to change the way PP is run to allow EP to shoot with more regularity. Maybe Newell should go with alignment that gave him the most success during the Sedins era. Put Boeser on Salo's spot, EP in Henrik's spot, Horvat downlow (Kesler), Miller relaying the puck in the middle of the ice or moving down low as needed like Daniel did, and Hughes on the left side.

Miller-Horvat-EP

Hughes-Boeser

Hughes can move down and make a cross ice pass to EP for a shot and if EP can't shoot, he can defer it up top to Boeser for onetimer or a wrist shot. Hughes and Boeser can interchange positions as needed to set up for one timer from the left slot. During the Sedin era, that PP alignment became predictable as Henrik can't shoot the puck. But with EP, they have to respect that shot so maybe it will work.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, zapperman said:

And if anyone wants to know the REAL reason from the rules, it’s because it didn’t prevent a reasonable attempt at a shot or pass. Look it up. It has ZERO to do with being intentional. Just like accidental trips or high sticks, that just doesn’t matter. 

Oh I was told wrong then my bad.

But better me say that then the mods and people claming it’s because were Vancouver! At least I’m not on that train

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Well that’s ultra positive for a shootout win when we’re outshot badly By a tired team whoS travelled the world over, lol.

i wouldn’t day the depth played a role here I liked the big guys and Pearson and that’s about it but that’s me

anyway I do like your positivity you should give some To me. The actual truth is somewhere in the middle probably 

The truth definitely isn't any of the garbage you've spewed in the gdt or pgt that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird after all the complaints of Green trapping and not adapting you want a coach who struggles adapting and traps :lol:

Struggles adapting? Did the Rangers trap? Have the Flyers trapped? Nope 

Other than Quinn have we had another coach even close to AV? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Thought we played a decent first 2 periods but that 3rd period was dreadful. We can thank Marky for that win.

Pearson was the best forward tonight by a mile. 
We really need to finish some of these chances. Our lack of ability to put teams away last season was a killer.

and for the love of god, STOP with the Too Many Men penalties!!!

Travis green, we average one too many men penalty a game it seems I hate this coach.

also sits on every lead and always blames the refs or says “we played good” after each game 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird after all the complaints of Green trapping and not adapting you want a coach who struggles adapting and traps :lol:

As frustrating as it was that he thought every game should be won 1-0 , he is the winningest coach of all time in Canucks history.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked that we found a way to win a hockey game. First two periods were a bit of a chess match. I thought both teams were working hard and fighting for space on the ice. I liked our first two periods. It was a good hockey game." - Green

And the last period was... nobody should ever talk about that period, period.