The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils Oct 19 10 AM - European game of the week edition

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

2 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

We are overdue to score a goal, we got shutout from the Devils 4-0 on New Year's Eve in this very building.   5 straight of shutout period.  Let's get it done.

Gotta get shots through. these guys are getting in the way of everything.... so grip it n rip it. If they wanna get in the way then make them pay!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

The season is 82 games bud. Does anyone really believe things won’t start clicking sooner or later for our top players? The fact that we are still winning games with our depth shows out team could be really good this year once we get our top lines rolling. 

Besides, you know who else had a poor start to the year in 2018/19? The reigning Stanley cup champs. The guys we just beat. B)

We're 4 and 2 and not playing as well as we should.  Lol, I think this is kind of promising. 

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Brown should be able to sense that that system is ancient as &^@# and shouldn't be used on a team like this. The umbrella is God awful, especially when nobody moves around. Placing 3 players into non scoring positions is absolutely bone headed. 

Seems to work for Ovie.  

All I know that 1-3-1 is not working for PP.  At least have two defenceman manning the blue line, giving them a different look.  It opens up the shooting angles and force the PKers to spread out, giving more options around with more passing lanes here.  If it opens up the shooting angle, more opportunities to rebound goals.   You need to get the shots through and if there's two angles, they cannot cover every shooting lanes from the blue line.   

Just now, Patrick Jane said:

What are we on the year so far for the PP?

Not enough for Too many  :) 

We actually have a couple of goals that we scored a couple of seconds after our power plays expired so our percentage doesn't look that great at all. 

Just now, Deets said:

Never seen a Sedin fight. Let alone a guy like Nurse. No is his own kind of Captain and I for one am glad to have him represent the Canucks. 

I personally didn't care the Sedins didn't fight wasn't their game, Lidstrom was also a great leader who didn't need to fight. They had teammates who did that job. 

Personally having played competitive sport at a high level a fighting captain is not as important as some fans here think. As long as you have team toughness and a good leader that is more than enough even if your captain isn't a fighter.