The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Excellent game. The team got off to a hot start but didn't let up offensively, scoring goals in latter half of the 2nd and 3rd period. In the Tim Schaller post-game interview he talked on how the team kept things simple by "getting pucks in deep" and that the "offense will follow." Excellent coaching where instead of sitting on a lead or scoring more goals, the emphasis was on playing the right way and things will come; by focusing on the process the results will naturally occur. Props to Travis Green (even tho I $#!**** on him after last game's debacle).

Great team effort. Our bottom-six set the tone of the game with their speed, play down low, and getting pucks to the net. Our top-six finished them off. Our defense was great, especially Edler and Myers in shutting down Barkov et al. And Demko made timely saves.

I'm hoping Virtanen stays with Horvat -- he's pretty much a different player playing alongside Bo. I think Ferland on the third line is a good fit. The addition of Roussel to our bottom-six adds even more offense and grit to the group. Can't wait to see where we end up by US Thanksgiving -- that'll be a big enough sample size to determine if we're legit or not. 

All I can say is these are exciting times ahead of us.

• Upvote 1

Shalatov and Miller have been outstanding Myers as well. 

Miller and Myers both amazing pickups. How about that Ferland pass wow good game for him!

Thought LE was awesome as well imagine if he gets going as well? I think he and Ferland would be a good

line. Demko looked awesome too. 

• Upvote 1