The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I disagree that Boyle is the same quality. We paid a premium because he needed an incentive to leave Washington. He was loyal to them otherwise. We don't have mega money players, so we can afford to shell out a bit more to have a solid spine.

Numbers don't lie... compare their age, size, production, faceoff% of last few years...  it's not like Beagle is McDavid and B. Boyle is..... Lucic. 

1 hour ago, KeslerWho? said:

fantastic. 18 goals in 3 games; and we play LA next

Change that to 30 in 4 games soon ! Ahha!

43 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Shalatov and Miller have been outstanding Myers as well. 

Miller and Myers both amazing pickups. How about that Ferland pass wow good game for him!

Thought LE was awesome as well imagine if he gets going as well? I think he and Ferland would be a good

line. Demko looked awesome too. 

The only way L.E. gets going is downhill.....South east......to texas....to D.....I mean Austin, Austin Texas.

27 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

"We want 10!  We want 10!"

We want 12!

19 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Hopefully they'll still be around to mentor Podkolzin in the future too.

Ferland 3 more years after this, Miller 4 more after this year. I think the will be around :towel:

40 minutes ago, Papa Sawce said:

Schedule starting to get tougher, games every second night with a couple back to backs mixed in til about mid November. November is what broke our team last year, It wont break our team this year! Lets go Canucks!

Watch them really start to roll after playing more often. 

39 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Darn that Dim Jim. 

What was he thinking?

22 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It didn't all happen in one off season. It was always a part of a rebuild to lose and he signed placeholders to tide over the bad years. This year he made signings that were meant to stay. He's accumulated the depth through prospects.

I'm just glad JB is getting to see his work come together with some success. Several posters here would've sunken this ship and torched JB long ago.

So, you're saying he had a plan this whole time? 

For real, JB has a great shot at GMotY. What a team we're seeing. And let's not forget about Utica. So far so good. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Beagle and Schaller looking solid together so far.  Beagle seems to have this calming and intense work ethic  effect on whoever he plays with.  Eriksson, Motte, Schaller, Virtanen, Roussel etc

I get the feeling Schalatov is a pretty popular player. That airplane vid had some revealing moments. That core crew of Sutter Beagle Schaller Bo etc. And the whole Mario Cart crew all carry their lunch buckets to work. Seems like a tight group who lead by example but are funny as hell and no attitudes. It’s not a given to have that on a team but you’ll never win if you aren’t tight and able to have a good time playing. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

So far this season Petey seems to be trying too hard.. he needs to loosen up a bit... thank goodness we got Boeser and Miller to keep the line going!

Petey will learn and mature and soon enough will be real dominant again!

EP is setting those guys up and creating space.  He's doing just fine.  The line goes as EP goes.  Take him off that line and Miller or Boeser aren't where they are.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This was Ferland's best game of the year.

He did not score, but he had two assists where he was the key to the goals as well as 3 hits, blocked shots, all over the ice pressuring the Panthers.

Looks like he is playing hard to get back in the top six.

The lines are fine as is.  He's finding his groove playing with Sutter.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I'm going to watch on PVR after work.  How was Ferland tonight?

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This was Ferland's best game of the year.

He did not score, but he had two assists where he was the key to the goals as well as 3 hits, blocked shots, all over the ice pressuring the Panthers.

Looks like he is playing hard to get back in the top six.

Agreed, he was hard on the forecheck, backing defenders off, winning puck battles, and hurting them along the boards. He showed his skill and vision a few times too, his pass to Lievo was an excellent set up for an easy goal. Great game from Ferland.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2