The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

59 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Why break up a lineup that just blew out the Panthers and almost beat the best team in the East? And play a guy out of position to boot?

Why call him up and let him sit? Leave him be in Utica and continue to play big minutes. Call someone else up if that is the case. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

His value drops a little every day he spends in the press box. Let's get him in games and then out the door lol

His value is an extreme negative, it can't get worse by sitting out more games going forward. I think JB exhausted a lot of different trade options over the summer regarding LE. Apparently JB couldn't make a deal happen, maybe next july after yet another Bonus is paid out he might have better luck?

• Upvote 2

Just now, NeilColville said:

Can someone please shut doughty up tonight. Guy needs a Scott Stevens check up. 

That'll never happen from a Canuck player, very slim chance it happens in the soft, speedy new NHL. Doughty has won his cups, now he can ride the "wave" of his fat contract in California on a dismal team

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

That'll never happen from a Canuck player, very slim chance it happens in the soft, speedy new NHL. Doughty has won his cups, now he can ride the "wave" of his fat contract in California on a dismal team

Edler already did this years previous.

• Cheers 1

Please don't judge - I watched an episode of Hockey Wives a few years ago, and Dustin Brown and his wife were part of the show. He was going on and on about having won 2 Cups and having 2 rings. He mentioned on the show that once he retires, he wants to eventually leave each of his 3 kids one of his Cup rings. 

Wonder which kid Daddy doesn't love as much lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Please don't judge - I watched an episode of Hockey Wives a few years ago, and Dustin Brown and his wife were part of the show. He was going on and on about having won 2 Cups and having 2 rings. He mentioned on the show that once he retires, he wants to eventually leave each of his 3 kids one of his Cup rings. 

The middle kid. Calling it now.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

I don't get all the Eriksson praise for that game.  Is it because he didn't screw anything up? Cause an own goal? Oh right, he forechecked once, going into the boards with two other players. He didn't come up with the puck, but he did dislodge it,   So yeah, no assist on the play, didn't actually come up with the puck on that forecheck, but he did engage in the play, and it caused a turnover which bounced out to Beagle, to set up Schaller..  WooHoo!  Extend him to another 6 years before anyone else nabs him!

Did anyone notice him much at any other time in that game?  Play Gaudette ffs.  But LE we all know will play, he'll play on crutches, because of his sucky contract.

I actually noticed one shift that looked like floating, however, I'm no expert and it could have just been strategic positioning?  As everyone battled on the boards and in the corners for the puck, he was off by himself in the center of the ice in our zone, at times, skating in circles (looked like lala land to me to some degree).  Perhaps just giving us an out and someone to pass to in order to get out of our zone.  But it just stood out to me.

I'm not usually critical of our own, but I kind of had a "get in there, Loui!" moment.

Everyone seemed engaged and invested...but he did not stand out or above in that to me.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That show was gold.

OMG Miller's wife though.  I'd get 2 minutes for roughing because she drove me NUTS.   So high maintenance.  I know guys love her, but when she complained about Vancouver rain ruining her hair and, the worst ever, wanting to kill herself because she gained a pound or two (while pregnant).  I wanted to knock her out, right there and then. Ugh.

Prust and his woman though (before they split) were hilarious.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

That show was gold.

OMG Miller's wife though.  I'd get 2 minutes for roughing because she drove me NUTS.   So high maintenance.  I know guys love her, but when she complained about Vancouver rain ruining her hair.  Ugh.

Prust and his woman (before they split) were hiliarious.

I actually really enjoyed the show, from the couple that I watched. Brandon Prust seemed like kind of a turd. His girlfriend (and then fiance) is gorgeous and successful in MTL and he seemed to take her for granted, I thought. Yes, Miller and his high maintence Hollywood wife were on as well. She seems phony.

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That show was gold.

OMG Miller's wife though.  I'd get 2 minutes for roughing because she drove me NUTS.   So high maintenance.  I know guys love her, but when she complained about Vancouver rain ruining her hair and, the worst ever, wanting to kill herself because she gained a pound or two (while pregnant).  I wanted to knock her out, right there and then. Ugh.

Never watched the show "hockey wives" because the players (who are on these shows) tend to have hood ornaments for wives.  We called 'em "cake faces" when I was young.  Don't know what's behind that facade, until they speak.     

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

I was pretty brutal on Jake when training camp started and he came in missing some "goals", but he has played really well the past 3-4 games. Amazing what playing with some talent will do for his game.

Hope it keeps up because this team needs depth scoring.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

No one is talking to the extent you're exaggerating. The play you describe was a stand out moment, but he was breaking up plays in the middle of the ice and was generally keeping the 4th line as effective as it's been with Motte prior. What more do you want for the role he was placed in?

And so what if he didn't get a point on the play? He created the play that lead to a goal. I guarantee you that NHL coaches will not care if he got an assist on the play or not. It was a good play that deserves the same praise should any other player had done the same.

It was a good play.  But a play that is normally expected by a professional NHLer. But I get it,  Louie's bar is set very very low for some. He did an adequate job standing in for Motte, a perennial 4th liner who earns less than million.  Great. Lets celebrate. That was Louie at the top of his game, well rested and all p'd off about sitting, coming back in to prove everyone wrong.   I'm not complaining about his play, I just don't think there should be a double standard. He played OK. But a number of other players played better than OK that game. Just keep things in perspective.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That show was gold.

Funny how when the contract and money drys up the trophy wife is gonzo..... :P

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Stelar said:

I was pretty brutal on Jake when training camp started and he came in missing some "goals", but he has played really well the past 3-4 games. Amazing what playing with some talent will do for his game.

LIke you I was hard on Jake and JB for the pick.  Jake playing like a good power forward just shows that JB was right at the draft.  Now, we have OJ for the Trolls to attack.  Why posters, who say they are Canuck's fans, can't admit that JB was right, and we were wrong makes no sense to me.  Don't we want our guys to reach the ceiling they were drafted for?  Jake becoming the player we hoped for is great for our team!  Why not admit that?  Unless the poster is one of those furry critters from under a bridge, I don't get it.    

Just now, Alflives said:

LIke you I was hard on Jake and JB for the pick.  Jake playing like a good power forward just shows that JB was right at the draft.  Now, we have OJ for the Trolls to attack.  Why posters, who say they are Canuck's fans, can't admit that JB was right, and we were wrong makes no sense to me.  Don't we want our guys to reach the ceiling they were drafted for?  Jake becoming the player we hoped for is great for our team!  Why not admit that?  Unless the poster is one of those furry critters from under a bridge, I don't get it.    

easy fella, he is not out of the woods yet. Needs more consistency.  That said, I want all the prospects to pan out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Just needs to keep going to the net. If he keeps it up good things will happen whether hes with Bo or on the 3rd line.

I've been hard on Jake too. This last stretch hes been very good. That's how he needs to play.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Jake has elevated his game this year. He's taking his time assessing the best play (pass, shoot etc), and he's made some really nice passes, some for goals, and going to the net. Previously he would take the puck from his own end and skate like the wind up the side boards, then run out of room and lose the puck. That's the old Jake. He's turned into a pretty good playmaker, and I really like that he's been given a chance with Bo and it's working well so far. Building confidence.