The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Also,

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH GREEN AND VIRTANEN? HE PLAYED DAMN GOOD TONIGHT, WHY IS GREEN NOT GIVING HIM OT TIME? WHAT THE HELL DOES GREEN GOT AGAINST THE KID??

Agreed. Also EP got 1 shift in OT. Nonsense.

Green coaching like an inexperienced guy who is trying to  outsmart everyone rather than playing his best player in OT (EP)  and playing a guy who had a hot game (Virt).  Smh.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

@Grape you do know the Blues player picked up the puck at the blue line... right? Marky comes out to challenge that and it’s a straight pass across and an empty net. 

Hey Stamkos, here's two screenshot of what I'm talking about

The first one is around the time Markstrom should've realize that the puck was coming to him. This is about a second after the shot by Vancouver is released. Schwartz is at the left side of the screen.

The second one is the moment Schwartz picked up the puck.

All Marky had to do was beat Schwartz and skate, I would say, a third of what Schwartz had to skate, to retrieve the puck.

Again, I'm not a fan of arguing against one of my favorite players, so I'll leave it at that and not continue to argue. I don't want to feel like an HF poster.

Screenshot 2019-11-06 00.56.23.png

Screenshot 2019-11-06 00.54.31.png

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

At :11 or :12, no way Marky is getting to that first.

Hey Stealth, I posted a few screenshots in response to @Stamkos above. It's basically what my argument is based around.

Edited by Grape
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It was a fun game to coach. A lot of intensity in the game. That was a great hockey game. Awesome [to get a point]. When you're playing a team like St. Louis, it's a grind. they take up a lot of space. Wasn't a lot of space for either team, it could've gone either way. When you're playing a team like St. Louis, it's a grind, they take up a lot of space. Wasn't a lot of space for either team. Could have gone either way." - Green

I read this as: I made a couple mistakes with deployment, most notably in OT, but don’t want to admit it. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

8 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Well at worst you’d have to say they played an even game which is pretty damn good to do against the defending champs and top of the West but that’s not what I saw.  Canucks outshot them, outchanced them, and really should have outscored them if not for dumb luck tonight

I think the Canucks outplayed them and outchanced them. 

We did out shoot them (which cannot be debated) 

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It was a fun game to coach. A lot of intensity in the game. That was a great hockey game. Awesome [to get a point]. When you're playing a team like St. Louis, it's a grind. they take up a lot of space. Wasn't a lot of space for either team, it could've gone either way. That was a big boy game. That's a heavy team, they know how to win. We talked about it before in this room. If you wanna win a Stanley Cup you've gotta be able to play some heavy games, as skilled as you want to be. I thought that was as physical a game as we've played. I think our whole team really stepped up tonight. That was a hard game... a heavy game. You like to see your team in different types games. When you play certain teams there's not a lot of margin for error. Every shift matters, every puck battle matters. It's hard to find space. When you play in games like this, you can learn a lot from them." - Green

Ya Green if you want to win the game give your top scorer best player and fastest skater more than 1 freaking shift in OT.  EP got 47 seconds in OT. 

Green blew that and cost his team a chance to win. Inexperience sucks as a coach.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1