The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This team has just been brutal in OT this season. From being unable to pass the puck for 2-on-1s, to consistently pulling that last play...

Two straight OT games where this team forgets it's 3 on 3 and plays a rush as if they have two defenseman back to cover them..and it's happened more than just the last two which cost them the game. You can't just shoot on the rush like that. You better score or you're giving up a breakaway every single time the other way.

4 minutes ago, westsideconnect said:

Markstrom has to stop smashing his stick like that.  Not a good look on him or his team. 

Good game overall, can't win em all.  PP was weak but other than that solid performance!

I am glad he showed emotion...

Can't win em all? Captain Obvi...lol

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Grape said:

Man, I defended Marky after the first OT loss for coming out to play the puck. But that's twice in a row where's he's made the wrong decision. This one was glaringly obvious that he should've came out to play the puck.

I'm not gonna put the game on him but that's disappointing to see.

Sour grape?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

• -SN- unpinned this topic

Why do we always feel the need to gamble so hard in OT? Just play it safe. We have the better players for shootout anyways. We have leverage here. Same thing against Anaheim too, we always end up pissing our advantage away by making these high risk gambles that NEVER pay off in OT.

Edited by Specz
  • Upvote 1

• -SN- locked and unlocked this topic
4 minutes ago, Grape said:

He should've played the puck. The puck was around the dot when it was picked up. He had a long time to skate to the puck.

When the pass was made I was just hoping to see Marky there but he never was. 

Lol. CDC logic :picard:

• Haha 3

• -SN- pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Crimson-JH said:

How is that Marky’s fault?! He was against 3 Blues all alone!

I don't understand how so many people can't see this.

The game was not lost by Marky. He made some spectacular saves to keep us in it. That play however, was 1. due to Myers being way too aggressive as the last man back, and 2. due to Marky not coming out of his crease even after the Blue threw a puck way too hard down the ice

• Wat 1

3 out of 4 points against the cup champs. Pushed the previous cup winners to the limit. We can roll with the best.

Feel bad for Markstrom. 

The best thing is the intensity I saw from some of the guys near the end. They wanted to win. There’s something awesome brewing here folks!!!

Go Canucks Go!!

I believe!!!

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He got hung out to dry and had a 3 on 0 coming his way. I'd be pissed too. 

The team can afford to buy sticks. 

Smash whatever you want in the dressing room then - it looks silly, childish, unprofessional, a lot of other things on the ice.  I get it, frustrating to lose like that but there are better ways to deal.  If it was once it may come across better but it seems to be a regular thing.

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 1