The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

We got a PP goal, but the PP is really boring, Coach please make some changes of this.

In Oct, we had lot of nice passes. Where's now?

I miss Mott who makes the 4th line very hard to against, and let the coach to put Guad, Sutton to make more good 2nd and 3rd lines.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I like Perron

as for Berube it’s easy to give compliments to a team you have just beaten 

we can’t break a trap to save our life and we can’t take advantage of the last line change.....not even close 

game starts, roll lines, if we are behind on the third then throw lines in the blender, hope for the best ....that’s our coaching strategy 

Ya I think Green had a bad game vs WSH. He's been more defensive minded since that game team shows it they play last few games.... The way they play i think Green is over compensating since that 3rd period break down....

Our scoring shows too.. but teams are playing trap against us now.. they know we are fast skating team so trap is best strategy against us..

I think the league as a whole is turning into a more heavy physical defensive style game... Islanders Capitals Bruins Blues all having success with that game.. Oilers as well. Tippet has them playing good D..

Really love Perron..and Schwartz... Shwartz had a heck of a game vs Oilers night after Perron did same vs Canucks.. those are type of players who win playtoff rounds...

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

Ethan Bear is a heck of a player.. we talk about Hughes as a great young Dman.. but ppl should pay more attention to Bear.  Great young Dman.. 

Leads all rookies in ice time.. think around 21 + mins per game..

Right there with Maka Heiskanen and Hughes as next crop of very good Dmen..

Tippet has them playing great.. team skates and plays very good defensive game...  he's right there with Barry Trotz at top of best coaches in the league.. WPG and CAR have good coaches too but Tippet right there at top..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Lot of people pushing the panic button. We lost 2-1 guys not 7-1 

Can't play a full 60 minutes all 82 games of the year. Boys just didn't have any jump in the first period... 

Probably bunch of guys drinking last night and less focused. 

No more MacKenzie blackwood for this year, we should be happy lol! 

I see us going on a five game winning streak starting with the Preds.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Seemed to me that for the past few games and for the first couple of periods today the team was trying to "Sedin" the puck into the net  -  i.e. pass/pass/pass until the perfect play provided a certain scoring opportunity.  Forget about shooting from the slot  -  pass to someone instead.

Then, when Petey was hooked and there was no call, on the next shift the team came out mad and started hitting everyone in sight.  Pressured N.J. fiercely, and the last 3 minutes it was blasting everything at the net.  Didn't score but certainly had chances.

I'd like Green to show to the team, the tape of the shift immediately following the Petey non call and point out the benefits of clean, hard hitting and shooting on net.

Time to mix up the playbook. 

Looking forward to Nashville coming to visit  -  I'm thinking they might be hit hard.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

Can't play a full 60 minutes all 82 games of the year. Boys just didn't have any jump in the first period... 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There you guys are.. I was starting to wonder where you 2 were..

Need a bit more positivity in this thread..

Not even bothered by Alfie's troll post..  I say 7 game win streak Alfie.

Btw I just watched your favorite team play...Toronto Maple Leafs vs Chicago game.. 51 SOG but lost.. and Marner injured out for a month +.. pour your self a double scotch Alf...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This team has some new faces as well as some familiar ones; they just have to figure out a way to win together.   I hope the coaches ceases the opportunity and realizes  that this version of the Canucks is able to compete and does not stifle it by coaching scared....

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Edler'sBrokenStick said:

Everyone on here thinks they are smarter than Green and Benning.  You know guys who have forgotten more about hockey than all of us know.

Great, our coach is better that a bunch of forum posters, wish he was better that other NHL coaches though, unfortunately that he is not.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, apollo said:

2-1 to Devils is like 6-3 to anyone else.

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

This team has some new faces as well as some familiar ones; they just have to figure out a way to win together.   I hope the coaches ceases the opportunity and realizes  that this version of the Canucks is able to compete and does not stifle it by coaching scared....

I think Green is bad at adapting,happened to us in the cup finals too.Becomes extremely irritating to squander our best teams running into walls they could walk around if they knew how.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

I think Green is bad at adapting,happened to us in the cup finals too.Becomes extremely irritating to squander our best teams running into walls they could walk around if they knew how.

Ditto: the definition of coaching scared.  Him and his staff tends to overplay the same player(s) which general means a tired player when it matters....

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I like Perron

as for Berube it’s easy to give compliments to a team you have just beaten 

we can’t break a trap to save our life and we can’t take advantage of the last line change.....not even close 

game starts, roll lines, if we are behind on the third then throw lines in the blender, hope for the best ....that’s our coaching strategy 

I've watched Berube his entire career.. since he played in Philly in the 80s... And coaching in Philly and St Louis....

He's type of guy calls it like he sees it..he's not into making comments he doesn't believe in.. 

Was a tough sob as a player and hasn't changed much.. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I've watched Berube his entire career.. since he played in Philly in the 80s... And coaching in Philly and St Louis....

He's type of guy calls it like he sees it..he's not into making comments he doesn't believe in.. 

Was a tough sob as a player and hasn't changed much.. 

Berube seems to be a coach that has his players back and his players had rewarded him with a championship and a winning record (overall a .593 winning percentage).

Everyone should watch the clip of Green talking after the NJ game. Then make your own assessment.  It's clear he thinks nux are a good team, they are close to winning, they are doing a lot of good things and he doesn't see a real problem. But team has lost 5 of 6 and scored 8 goals over that stretch.  Yet he sees no urgency. 

Ok let's see.  Next few games will tell if Green is right or wrong.

• Upvote 1