The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Was at the game... didn't know about Marky's dad until just now... he played solid!!

Couple other observations:

Petey was still a bit tentative, didn't shoot enough...  wasted one great scoring chance in close... 

Q.Hughes was clearly our best player skating all around the offensive zone trying to make things happen... 

Pearson and Leivo played really hard today... they are real solid with Sutter! 

Lastly, Baertschi was just a pedestrian...  now I see why we waived him... just not consistent/hungry enough!!

• Upvote 3

They've also got to stop with the promotional Team Like That t-shirt money-grab. Since then, they have been playing like a team like that, maybe this is bringing them bad karma or something. Bo's got to be the captain and rally his team. He wasn't good today. I'm not a fan of Green, but he is the coach. I hope he figures out what to do with his lines and special teams. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Whoever wanted a matinee game after a lengthy Canucks Road trip is an idiot!   Tim Peel is also an idiot.  Also what happened to our PK?? It's really brutal right now.

We shouldn’t be the ones complaining the devils literally played three games on the road after travelling across country in basically 3.75 days because it was a matinee.lol

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

We shouldn’t be the ones complaining the devils literally played three games on the road after travelling across country in basically 3.75 days because it was a matinee.lol

The Devils came from Alberta and we came from Manitoba.  I'm pretty sure that Manitoba is further east than Alberta.  The Canucks played 3 games in 3 and a half days.  And that's not including the 6 game road trip (different cities) that the Canucks have endured before this game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

He gave us a break in the third by calling a penalty against hall for embellishment in the third to give us a chance to tie it down by one with five mins left.

you can blame refs after every loss but the truth is we had 60 minutes to beat that crap tram and we didn’t .

we deserved to lose

Only because he made an egregious non call on New Jersey about 10 minutes earlier. We dominated most of the play. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, ahf149 said:

This team has the worst fans. Omg, a few losses , the sky is falling. Fire Green, dump this guy , that guy. Whatever. 

Oh my god. No wonder other fans hate Canucks so much. For crying out loud,  R E L A X.

We have like 60 plus more games..

Breathe in....breathe out

Bajesus you guys are crazy

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Young teams are streaky, happens around the league every year.

Edmonton and Buffalo have started out hot in the first month and by christmas are near the bottom of the league.

This year they are sustaining it so far, but who knows what will happen there too.

We have alot of youth, with that comes high highs and low lows.

The season is long,  we will see what this group is made of.

Worst case scenario.... it's a strong draft and our pick is lotto protected.

I hear your point but Buffalo and Edmonton both have new coaches though and while draisaitl and mcdavid with smith could get Edmonton far the sabres have vastly improved.

They added Colin Miller Henri Jokiharju and Brandon montour last trad e deadline. Pilut might be the best defensemen know one knows lik le

olofsson until this year was the best Swedish fed no on knows, they added Marcus Johansson jimmy vesey along with olofsson abdnmuttlestadt growing skinner is good and Reinhart is amazing this year. Ullmark is solid and Hutton’s ina. Contract year

then 

dahlin and Eichel another year older, Jack has  200 pts in his last 188 games! He did that with both his ankles sprained and no help for the most part compared to the rest of the league.

dahlin just put up the second best 18 yr old defensemen season in nhl history with numbers that we’re crazy, housley is first he passed Bobby Orr who is third. He had a all around corsi of fifty seven ppercent last year in all situations and at 18 averages 21 mins a game against men while playing behind a crap

team last Years.

Anyway

I think buffalo and hav have deeper better cores then oilers like Canucks sabres have abs amazing prospects on net demki DiiPin= ukko pekka Luukonen snd ullmark

• Wat 2

23 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

they played in Edmonton, which is an hour away, and the Canucks just played three games on the road too

2 hours ago, Edler'sBrokenStick said:

Everyone on here thinks they are smarter than Green and Benning.  You know guys who have forgotten more about hockey than all of us know.

wtf-003.jpg.e6ad2c8b5d7416ffc7321cb96ba2f6ff.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Dump and chase?

I'm not sure watching same team...Canucks are a skating team...

Don't take my word for it.. opposing coaches calling us a fast skating team...

The coach who won the Cup last season.. Berube... Listen to his comments on what type of team we have..he was just in Vancouver last week.. 

BTW Perron is a heck of a player.. we need a guy like him on team if we want to win a playoff round or two...

I like Perron

as for Berube it’s easy to give compliments to a team you have just beaten 

we can’t break a trap to save our life and we can’t take advantage of the last line change.....not even close 

game starts, roll lines, if we are behind on the third then throw lines in the blender, hope for the best ....that’s our coaching strategy 

13 minutes ago, bree2 said:

they played in Edmonton, which is an hour away, and the Canucks just played three games on the road too

I'm in Edmonton right now.. having to play vs McDavid and Draisaitl is no easy gig...

I went to watch ARZ play last week.. McDavid is a beast. Playing against him is no easy task. 1 hr or 6 hrs travel don't matter when you gotta play against McDavid...

Haven't enjoyed watching a player play so much since I watched Gretzky at the Pacifiv Coliseum in the 80s...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't mind losing when the team takes penalties as part of retaliating cheap shots on our young stars. Unfortunately, we are both losing and turning a blind eye. Nucks still need to establish some identity at home, win or lose. Hopefully they learn that it's everyone's responsibility, not just the guys on IR.