The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Roussel is not expected to play until late December. I'll try and find the link.

I had heard something along those lines but with recent reports of positive physician visits and team practice I wonder if he's a little ahead of schedule.... would be great to have that sandpaper back in this lineup. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I found it weird tho in the last 2 games, the Canucks got called for 2 penalties ,one right after the other in the first periods, just maybe it has something to do with the refs not knowing how to do their jobs or?

They also conveniently didn’t call that blatant first minute interference on Virtanen last game. How weird.. 

7 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

WOW! Isn’t a promotion to the top line based on a player’s performances in previous showings?? Am I missing something here??

Green you joker you...we all know Leivo is not gonna play on the 1st line. Good one. :sadno::sadno::sadno:

With Petterson to set him up, Leivo will have more opportunities to shoot ...and miss the net. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I had heard something along those lines but with recent reports of positive physician visits and team practice I wonder if he's a little ahead of schedule.... would be great to have that sandpaper back in this lineup. 

I heard Benning said the end of this month

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

WOW! Isn’t a promotion to the top line based on a player’s performances in previous showings?? Am I missing something here??

Green you joker you...we all know Leivo is not gonna play on the 1st line. Good one. :sadno::sadno::sadno:

It's more likely because green wants miller to get the second line going

27 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yeah probably trying to get Bo going, Pearson isn't working. 

so making Petey's line worse to make Bo  going is dumb.   Bo needs to  work with the wingers he has. going thru so many and blaming all of them and not Bo,  this sort of reminds me of Kesler. Bo is a great player like Kesler was , but the same thing seems to be happening here again

Do what you will with Bo’s line. We all know it’s another rodeo this year. But changing the top I’m all against that. 

Love you Green but either change my mind tonight or go back to the Lotto line. 
id rather have 1 line clicking then none 

Bo will win some draws, but I don’t think the Canucks can beat this Preds team, not unless they return to form and the Preds take a bunch of penalties trying to stop the kids on the rush.

I suspect the Canucks will be the ones chasing tonight, despite winning key draws.  The Preds are a smart, veteran, calm team with structure. The Canucks are in tough. 

This is a great stretch for the Canucks to evaluate who the passengers are on this team and for Bo to grow as the captain. 

Even TG’s line-blender has its positives in this regard. 

I hope Benning is intentionally fattening up his trade bait.

The timing of this adversity is fortuitous, all things considered, for the GM. 

Jake is among leaders in GWG. Cool. 

EP is still in the scoring race and the other top wingers are maintaining, like 25 others are, a Point per game pace. 

Scoring from the D continues to be a positive as has been the play of our goalie tandem. 

The Canucks are a team who loses in shootouts and OT.

Their record is actually pretty good when you look at goal differential and how they are in games until the end.

9-6-3 is a good record. 

Special teams are ok. They could be better. 

These are interesting times to observe the team and make our own predictions, etc. I’m having fun watching. No doom. No gloom. I don’t get where that comes from. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

So many negatives on Green's putting Leivo on Petey's line.

If you put Miller back with Bo, who else would you put in Petey's line other than Leivo?

Something to think about. 

It doesn't really matter who we put there.

With our current lineup, it's going to be all negatives from the fans nonetheless.

why put Miller on Bo's line, why not just leave Petey's line alone!!!

• Cheers 1

Leivo is good at puck retrieval and also at helping hold the puck in the zone - a lot of our chances have been one and done. May be time to get some sustained pressure. Why not try that with Leivo as he was helping with that successfully on the 3rd line last game. If it doesn't work it's not like Green sticks to his line combos anyway.

This is not at the defence of Green as I think he does switch the lines up too much - guys need longer than a few games together to gel. 

What do I know though - maybe he wants the whole team to know how to play with one another, so switching it up is like nothing. (Stab in the dark)

**shrug

• Cheers 4