The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Leivo is good at puck retrieval and also at helping hold the puck in the zone - a lot of our chances have been one and done. May be time to get some sustained pressure. Why not try that with Leivo as he was helping with that successfully on the 3rd line last game. If it doesn't work it's not like Green sticks to his line combos anyway.

This is not at the defence of Green as I think he does switch the lines up too much - guys need longer than a few games together to gel. 

What do I know though - maybe he wants the whole team to know how to play with one another, so switching it up is like nothing. (Stab in the dark)

**shrug

Might I add, maybe it's also got to do with EP40 and BB being shadowed in games. So it opens up the 3rd guy who can get a clearer shot. 

Green also tried JV with them briefly last game, too.

Someone who can shoot could really punish the teams focusing on BB and EP40 alone. 

Leivo has a good shot so I think he's trying that option.. Also.. noone really to put in that line other than Leivo. Or maybe JV. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Total pain I know. Thumb is killing me. And my heated steering wheel isn’t hot enough to make it feel better. Could barley pull on my diamond shoes this morning. Some people have no regards for others 

Thankfully Dr Scholls helped with my sore feet, made the pain more bearable. All the same, I feel like I was wronged in a major way. I could have hurt myself having to scroll past the OP twice. I dare not imagine doing it three times. :sadno:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Too bad for Quinn, going to be a tough Thanksgiving dinner at the Hughes' household. Jack smiling ear to ear across the table, boasting about being 2-0 against his brother and the Canucks this year. I wish the Canucks came out with a better effort in that game. But that's it for NJ this year. Hopefully they can start winning and getting those precious points.

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

I found it weird tho in the last 2 games, the Canucks got called for 2 penalties ,one right after the other in the first periods, just maybe it has something to do with the refs not knowing how to do their jobs or?

I try and shy away from blaming the refs when the players have control of their game. But i hear you.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Sure glad to see Miller with Bo, I have been suggesting this for awhile. This will provide more balance in the top 6 and take some pressure off of Boes and Petey. Time to get back to seeing who wants to be the game hero again and for the Leaders to lead. Teams just been going through the motions the last few games and someone has to step up. Bo was putting the team on his back for awhile but has tapered off. Maybe Miller will help him with this. Aggression and tough play has left the team as well and maybe it has a lot to do with injuries to Ferlund and Roussel. Hopefully we will see more energy in this game. GCG !!! :canucks:

Yeah, it makes sense to split them up since these are the only 4 players scoring right now. Rather than the D only having to contend with shutting down one line now they have to deal with 2 partial lines.  I seriously question putting Leivo on the top line, but other than that good move by TG. 

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Too bad for Quinn, going to be a tough Thanksgiving dinner at the Hughes' household. Jack smiling ear to ear across the table, boasting about being 2-0 against his brother and the Canucks this year. I wish the Canucks came out with a better effort in that game. But that's it for NJ this year. Hopefully they can start winning and getting those precious points.

Individuals games and or individual  accomplishments mean nothing really.  By the end of the season, the Canucks will have more points than the Devils and will see the postseason again before the Devils.  That's all that matters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Ya but at the end the year Quinn will be home with a Calder Trophy, and that will even it out

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1