The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Petey’s not winning that faceoff wadr... 

Huh? I am not referring to any face off. More of a general comment in that I don't think green is a very good NHL coach. He is mediocre at best. I wish the Canucks would ditch him and get a real NHL coach.  Look at what some other coaches in the NHL are able to get their teams to do...such as the Montreal Canadiens this year. 

Green just seems to not be very good.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sutter and Beagle injuries really hurt more than people realize.  We need those guys back ASAP.  Gaudette is playing his way into a healthy lineup; the kid is an absolute stud and is showing some unreal chemistry with Baertschi.

He should be playing wing though. I don't think he's an NHL center man. Hasn't shown it defensively or on the dot.

It isn't a bad thing since he can be a top 6 winger for us.

I don't see unreal chemistry with Baer either and think he should be waived again when we are healthy.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Hard earned come back point. 

Green had a brain cramp started the wrong players vs MacKinnon.. 

Or we had a chance to get 2 pts

I disagree.  He wants Bo with win the face off. That was the key vs McKinnon. Don't let him have the puck. 

That pick on Tanev wasn't called, but they didn't blow the whistle before the 3rd nux goal.  So guess it was a wash. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Silky mitts said:

I can't really find a positive spin for this game , we should be lighting up fourth stringers.

1 pt better than 0. 

But they didn't play a good game.  6 game road trip coming up. I will accept a 500 road trip. But even that will be tough to achieve. 

10 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

We were lucky to get a point. Take it and move on. Lets hope beagle, sutter and motte can join the boys on the road trip ASAP

And Louie needs to GTFO. with him in we are playing 3 lines only

Louie should be gone in the minors already. The guy is useless and wasting a spot for someone else. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Edler and Bo's minutes way too high tonight. Green is running these guys into the ground. He is pretty inept and is showing it in a lot of ways this season.

He's a percentages coach, why Gaudette didn't stay with the club earlier on.

Some of us were furious went he was sent down after that great camp!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Would a Petey, Virtanen and Hughes combo be an idea in OT? All 3 have wheels and the 2 forwards are great at stealing pucks...

I agree. Who cares if he's a rookie. At least Hughes can skate like the wind. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Edler and Bo's minutes way too high tonight. Green is running these guys into the ground. He is pretty inept and is showing it in a lot of ways this season.

Constantly doing the same deployment strategy seems to point to a lack of preparation towards this coaching staff.  Green can look strong and say the right things off the ice but the on ice product does not lie...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He should be playing wing though. I don't think he's an NHL center man. Hasn't shown it defensively or on the dot.

It isn't a bad thing since he can be a top 6 winger for us.

I don't see unreal chemistry with Baer either and think he should be waived again when we are healthy.

Baer won't have to be waived if guys come back on schedule. But he'll be going back to Utica regardless. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Green didn't start Boeser and Petey because they just finished a three minutes shift and need a breath. Horvat beat McKinnon 11 of 12 times in the face off circle so you need him out there. But yeah, I would have called timeout and rested the studs.

Edited by Curmudgeon
Damned autocorrect

12 minutes ago, 6string said:

3 thoughts with Elliot 6string....

We miss Sutter, Beagle and Motte.

Gaudette looks like a 94 Canuck deserving of that uniform the way he played tonight.

Friedman's douchey appearance with the moustache had me leaving the intermission broadcast.

Say what you like but Elliot is a beauty. Even though kb3 lit his blazer choice up. :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 6string said:

He's a percentages coach, why Gaudette didn't stay with the club earlier on.

Some of us were furious went he was sent down after that great camp!

Gaudette was sent down because we had a lot of players we didn't want to lose and he was the only one that didn't need waivers.

If someone else was also waiver eligible he would of stayed with us.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1