The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

"First of all, you don't like to see a player down like that. We know all about that, it happened last week with Tanev, almost an identical situation. My understanding is if you have puck possession you don't blow the whistle. You don't like to see someone hurt though." - Green on Calvert's injury that lead to Edler's goal

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

sucks to lose in OT and have all your scorers in the bench. 

the Avs played their best player to start the OT.

there is no defence in 3 on 3 hockey, it is whoever scores first wins the game.  Tanev shouldn't be on the ice. (I'm not faulting him on the goal btw).

Stecher and Hughes should be our go to defencemen in 3 on 3. 

why did Green have to adjust to the Avs game plan when we had home ice? 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Here is the issue with Bo

he is playing dead exhausted and it shows, if he won the draw he was way to gassed to play against McKinnon anyway

Not that I disagree with this entirely but Bo still destroys Petey on the FO at this stage. Once one or both of Beagle/Sutter come back Bo’s deployment will lighten. 

Edited by canuck73_3

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

He just reminds me of MacKinnon when he drives but his finish is very much lacking.  I agree, a typical JV drive normally just dies with an eventful shot goes back to bench to fist pump the coach.  I hardly see him talking to his teammates in the bench unlike EP

I think he was in the past but last year and this year, he is developing his awareness more. And it seems he was very engaged today with 5 hits. I think Boho is screwing up the line. I think top 6 should be Petey, Miller and Jake; Bo, Boeser and Baer. For the Petey line, Miller can teach Virt and talk to him more because I have seen in the past that Miller has talked to him.

Also, as evident by McKinnon, speed is effective in OT, why doesn't Virt get to play (I'm not comparing them but they both are super fast) as speed can open up space.

9 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

JV can be a lite version of McKinnon if he ever develope that situational awareness to make plays not just for himself but his linemates as well

He just doesn't have the hockey IQ for that type of game. I think he can play with skilled players though. Crash and bang, drive to the net, grind it out on boards. Basically doing all the dirty work for skilled players.

I'm not sure what he's trying to become it what green wants

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Enjoying the Cale Makar after hours interview.

Another great, young man realizing his dream and making a difference. 

Good kid. 

Good job, mom and dad. 

Goddamn white bUlLiEs eh jess allen? 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 thoughts with Elliot 6string....

We miss Sutter, Beagle and Motte.

Gaudette looks like a 94 Canuck deserving of that uniform the way he played tonight.

Friedman's douchey appearance with the moustache had me leaving the intermission broadcast.

Edited by 6string
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

Unpopular opinion: BB6 had a few bad games already. Almost all his passes, shots, skating are bad lately. The offense is dying with him I think, even on the PP. Except for his goal, he hasn't really done anything. =/

Im going to take  some flack to back you up. He hasn't been making good decisions and he is capable of playing better. He redeemed himself with a goal tonight but maybe thats what being a game breaker is. You might have a non existent game but still show up and score a clutch goal when it matters

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Law of Goalies said:

I think he was in the past but last year and this year, he is developing his awareness more. And it seems he was very engaged today with 5 hits. I think Boho is screwing up the line. I think top 6 should be Petey, Miller and Jake; Bo, Boeser and Baer. For the Petey line, Miller can teach Virt and talk to him more because I have seen in the past that Miller has talked to him.

Also, as evident by McKinnon, speed is effective in OT, why doesn't Virt get to play (I'm not comparing them but they both are super fast) as speed can open up space.

If it is true that he is trying to develope that part of his game then that can only mean good things moving forward....

"I talked to them after the first, told 'em you don't have any shots or hits. Sometimes you need to simplify. I think the great players in the league learn to adapt from game to game. It's not always the same, you're not throwing the same pitch every night." - Green on Miller-Pettersson-Boeser line

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2