The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Just now, King Heffy said:

At this point, it's a cause, rather than a a symptom, of the problem.  How are guys supposed to develop any chemistry?

If anything he doesn't change them enough, or not the right guys anyway.  Petey and Boes should have been separated a long time ago.......way way too easy to play against

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Team is back to its original form.... no drive. Do we really believe Green is going to coach this team to the playoffs? 

I'm on the "Don't blame Green" wagon and I'll tell you why.  He's good for the development of young players.  
So even if it's looking like he can't take us to the playoffs, we need to have him coach the rest of this year without those questions about his job/future, etc.  
I think it creates a much better atmosphere for the players when they're playing for a coach that's not having to answer questions about his job constantly.  

Now I do feel that you have some merit as far as Green taking us to the playoffs.  If he doesn't do it this year, a change might not be the worst thing in the world. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

How so?  LE's looked ok in this game, so far.   If you were looking objectively, you'd see 4-5 guys you'd take our before LE.

Honestly just my opinion on what I'd want for a fourth liner. Zack can crash and bang, LE avoids that at all costs.

4 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

Shot blocked. Shot missed. Shot missed. Shot blocked. Dump the puck in. No forecheck. Dump the puck in, easy break out for the opposing team. 

Rinse and repeat all game long.

Playing Greens system perfectly. If they continue playing like this they'll get some good looks.....(at the opposition putting pucks in their net).

• Haha 1

Just now, NeilColville said:

give me you’re honest opinion. Do you think this coaching staff will bring this city a Stanley cup? NHL coaches have A LOT to do with how an NHL team performs. Green does nothing but produce excuses for horrible play. We have a way better team than this. I don’t think the boys are buying into this system. It’s stale and old 

I think they have a good chance.  Green is an excellent coach, but the players have to be the ones to execute his gameplan.  When they play with energy, we see how effective Greens systems are.  Young, inconsistent players are the issue, not the coaching.  No one should be surprised, this season was always going to be high highs and low lows.

• Upvote 1