The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Stars, November 19, 2019 -- On the Road Again Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Why you gotta ruin some of my childhood like that?

Or...why do you have to ruin some of my adulthood like that watching spongebob with my kids...I made this for their fish tank back-drop years ago and a huge chaulk mural for them on the garage floor 12 or so years ago...Spongebob was and still is hilarious.  Leave Patrick Star alone!  That said Gassy, love your cards and your other stuff..

18 minutes ago, Gassy Jack said:

Orca2020_stars.thumb.jpg.13d99d1f855ab2b8f16ceab4c318ebd8.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

The biggest thing Beagle does is take some hard defensive minutes so Bo doesn't have to.

Absolutely - his 12-14 minutes are crucial for the entire team - he’s an beast on the PK and will give us a shot in the arm.  The same way as Miller will on the lotto line and AG will on the third line.  You can never have too many centers, same as top four defenseman. 

15 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Beagle is Horvat's best friend right now, taking a ton of pressure off of faceoffs and the PK.

expect to see Bo come out with a strong game feeling energized

Would like to see Gaudette tested on the PK and lots of time with Malholtra fining tuning his draws as well with Sutter out right now.

4-2 canucks!

Yep.  Optimistic about the game.  Roussel close to returning is also a big shot in the arm.  Our third line could end up like a 2b line with the way AG been playing.   We are so deep in middle six forwards even with considerable injuries we are still a serious threat every game.  We were a winning team last year when everyone was healthy - November is here again and we have the same issues BUT all we are doing is putting last years regulars back into the lineup.   I don’t think we had a lucky start or it was a fluke.  This years team is a totally different animal - think we will come home after a very successful road trip.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Str 10 with 5d8 hit dice 

Otta do it.

Ok that was hilarious.  That’s below average human strength.  I’d give us seven  characters and 11 MPC’s, and those 11 all had above average character roles.  Some elven chain for EP and Hughes, plus enchanted weapons.   BB has a plus 3 Crossbow (to hit), Miller and BB a plus three broadsword.   EP has a short sword with four extra attacks.  QH gets one extra movement phase and an extra role on agility.  Myers and Edler both have long bows with minus two to hit the net. Ha ha.

Edit.  

Both Demko and Markstrom have zero armour class plus an enchanted full shield.  However they don’t use a shield until after they have been scored on.  Ha ha.

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok that was hilarious.  That’s below average human strength.  I’d give us seven  characters and 11 MPC’s, and those 11 all had above average character roles.  Some elven chain for EP and Hughes, plus enchanted weapons.   BB has a plus 3 Crossbow (to hit), Miller and BB a plus three broadsword.   EP has a short sword with four extra attacks.  QH gets one extra movement phase and an extra role on agility.  Myers and Edler both have long bows with minus two to hit the net. Ha ha.

Edit.  

Both Demko and Markstrom have zero armour class plus an enchanted full shield.  However they don’t use a shield until after they have been scored on.  Ha ha.

image.jpeg.81702750e8c23828953f921513a96c69.jpeg

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Beagle is back!  But Eriksson is still in?  Didn't this whole last losing streak start when Louie came in again? The fourth line totally lost its edge.  I'd rather see Graovac again.

Graovac and Louie have had zero effect on our games.  

Stop focusing in on a non factor. 

Fourth line lost its edge when Beagle and Motte got injured. 

20 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Canucks were pushed around last time , Wish we could sub out Louie for some muscle. Put Zack in on the 4th and tell him to make at least 3 bodychecks and we would be better off on the night.

I think the lineup is perfect except for Louie in over Zack. Its not like Louie hasn't been given a chance with many games in a row, he's not hitting or even averaging one shot per game, and is getting under 10 mins of ice time now. Big Zack could fill that same role with more speed, size and aggression and I don't see the point in calling him up just to park him in the press box, give him a chance to play 10 minutes on the fourth line and get some size and pushback!

I do love baer-gaudette-leivo as the third line, they have looked awesome together and if we can get three scoring lines going this is going to be an exciting team to watch! Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen is the second line and they haven't been great, but as soon as Horvat gets back in his groove I think that is three solid lines, after the big lotto line

• Upvote 2

General thought: what's the point in dressing players if they're going to have less than 5 minutes of ice time? For example, how does Graovac contribute with 2:30 toi? May as well have only dressed 3 centres IMO. Seeing that Beagle is good to go, here's hoping that changes. 

Loui is still a Canuck, and if he didn't have any value, he wouldn't be playing. I know he gets a real hard time here, because he makes more than almost everyone else on the team. Not his fault though. He's still a good checker, and he had been in on some offence over the last couple of games. Just not going his way. The thing is, he's now one of the  the old guys on the team, and the young stars are showing they are the future by providing a lot of the exciting offence. If Loui helps to stop one goal with his checking or helps the PK, then good job.

• Like 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Loui is still a Canuck, and if he didn't have any value, he wouldn't be playing. I know he gets a real hard time here, because he makes more than almost everyone else on the team. Not his fault though. He's still a good checker, and he had been in on some offence over the last couple of games. Just not going his way. The thing is, he's now one of the  the old guys on the team, and the young stars are showing they are the future by providing a lot of the exciting offence. If Loui helps to stop one goal with his checking or helps the PK, then good job.

If Loui takes some harder minutes from our better players, that's good too.  We have no cap crunch until next season, right?