The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, rekker said:

Babcock or Green. I'm not a huge Babcock fan but are Green's systems working? Opponents zone entries are easy, odd man rushes against the Canucks are plenty. Canucks don't "start on time". Maybe its time for a change. 

Neither.  I’d rather see Claude Julien.

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

The poll results show just how clueless this fanbase really is 

Not sure when the poll was started, but you realise this thread is 2 years old right? 100% I would have wanted Green over Babcock 2 years ago

Now? I still don't want Babcock, but I want Green gone even more

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Moose said:

Not sure when the poll was started, but you realise this thread is 2 years old right? 100% I would have wanted Green over Babcock 2 years ago

Now? I still don't want Babcock, but I want Green gone even more

Ah, my mistake. Thanks for pointing that out. Makes sense now.

• Cheers 1

Babcock has the stigma of being a hardass (for today's players) and a dinosaur with his coaching techniques; whether, they are deserved or not - I am not sure cause I've never really followed him and he seems like a diva coach.  I agree, with the poll and I hope the Canucks will do as well.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Babcock has the stigma of being a hardass (for today's players) and a dinosaur with his coaching techniques; whether, they are deserved or not - I am not sure cause I've never really followed him and he seems like a diva coach.  I agree, with the poll and I hope the Canucks will do as well.   

The stories around Babcock are brutal. From the stunt he pulled with Marner in Toronto to How he treated Modano. I'm pretty sure a story surfaced recently of him trying to scratch one of the vets for an outdoor game and when management/ownership wouldn't let him, he then gave him all of one shift the entire game or something like that? 

I don't want Babcock anywhere near this team.

Edit: It was Chelios here's a link

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/chelios-babcocks-treatment-veteran-players-coming-back-haunt/

Edited by J-Dizzle

14 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m not sure I want Babcock with this team. They’re so fragile, it seems.

I’d like Julien (a better defensive systems coach), or Boudreau (offense style coaching).

I also like Julien or Boudreau. I just want someone to come in and communicate how losing is unacceptable at this point. Right now they seem to be ok with it as long as they 'play the right way.'

4 hours ago, De Grasse is greener said:

I also like Julien or Boudreau. I just want someone to come in and communicate how losing is unacceptable at this point. Right now they seem to be ok with it as long as they 'play the right way.'

Yeah. I hear ya. 

Playing the right way is great, but if you're not winning....what's the point. LOL 

Looks like Montréal is cleaning house faster than we are it seems. 

• Cheers 1