The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Babcock or Green. Who would you rather see coach the Canucks.

Rate this topic

rekker

Who would you like to see coaching the Canucks?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, aGENT said:

Neither. 

Babcock is a horrible 'option' people need to stop bringing up.

Yep.  I'd rather just keep losing with Green.   Made a bunch of posts back when arrogant terrible sound bite "won one cup Babcock" who could do no wrong became a Maple Leaf.   And said just watch the lustre go away.   It did.  Sure Team Canada is probably happy Quenville didn't coach them lol....or did he!  Assistant.   Babcock was a perfect example of a guy at the right place at the right time that parlayed himself into a massive success.   It got to his head.   I don't recall EVER seeing a coach refer to himself in the third person.   He did it often.   "Betting on Babcock..yep betting on Babcock every time " etc.    Not even Keenan did that.    Well what he do?  Took a little longer then i thought it would actually...  I'd 100% rather have Torts back before kicking tires there.  Also highly doubt Babcock would want to come here.   

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, De Grasse is greener said:

Voted Babcock, I think he prepares his teams well.

He's an abrasive guy, but the team is playing very uninspired hockey, so maybe that's part of the solution (among other things).

Would hire for one season, then let him go.

Hmmm.  Babcock is betting on Babcock if you didn't get the memo.   So no way he's taking this job.   

On 11/25/2019 at 7:07 AM, IBatch said:

Good post.  I understand both sides of this debate (as in Green or a different coach - not so much Green or Babcock- he plays his vets over youth in critical situations all the time and if you can’t stomach Greens blender he’s on an entirely different level)  .... I really don’t think the grass would be much Greener (ha ha) on the other side at this point.  I’d like to see how both he and the team manages playoff games.   If he loses the room like Babcock did that’s a different story - so far he has not (even LE has fallen in line).   A coaching change often results in a couple week bump - and then the other shoe drops and things get worse then they were with the previous coach.  Sometimes it doesn’t.   But given our record since he got here - and the teams we’ve had I’d say if anything he’s over achieved so far - and that also seems to be the consensus within the hockey community.   Three years is a pattern.   If we make the playoffs this year he wouldn’t have a problem finding a head coach job somewhere else.  

Lol.  Quoting my much younger self.   Turns out he made the "play-ins", we went on a tear and beat a couple good teams on the way.   Now ... still have roster issues on defense, our forward group is modesty better except our PK ability is trash.   The world is on fire and the consensus on the CDC is we need change.    Green still has a job for now at least. 

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

16 full seasons coached, 14 playoff appearances. Might be basic reasoning, but results are results. Of the two options given, one has a track record of success and one is Travis Green.

ANA had some good/great teams ... wasn't Babcock that won ... Detroit even more so.   TO...well it's not like Sheldon Keefe has done any worse (and get TO was rebuilding too at the start of Babcocks legacy coaching deal.    Never understood why team Canada choose him, but he's always been his best fan and makes sure everyone knows it.    Not really the type of coach i want near our kids.    Doubt he'd have done much better with our team either.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, N4ZZY said:

If the option is between the two of them only then I say Green, unless Babcock has demonstrated that he's changed from his former ways. 

No way I bring Babcock in with what he did the last time he was employed as an NHL coach. 

Rather have Green than an abusive coach. No thanks to that. 

Oh well, Mr. Babcock is in town now ... ::D

On 11/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, De Grasse is greener said:

Voted Babcock, I think he prepares his teams well.

He's an abrasive guy, but the team is playing very uninspired hockey, so maybe that's part of the solution (among other things).

Would hire for one season, then let him go.

He’s not going to sign for one season LOL 

I would have like to see crow come back but since chi fired their head coach it seems he’s become a more active assistant and no surprise Chi is playing better. 

i just don’t like Babcock never have.
Best to fire green go interm wait till the off season find the right guy for this group. 

preferably the new GM make the call. 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:19 PM, BettyWhites44 said:

Travis Green > Mike Babcock because green can actually get his players to play for him. We’ll be seeing enough of Babcock soon enough when Seattle names him the new head coach.

If you’re talking about Toronto tuning him out, dude. It’s Toronto.

30 minutes ago, combover said:

I would have like to see crow come back but since chi fired their head coach it seems he’s become a more active assistant and no surprise Chi is playing better. 

i just don’t like Babcock never have.
Best to fire green go interm wait till the off season find the right guy for this group. 

preferably the new GM make the call. 

Yeah let’s give Baumgartner the interim coaching job.

• Haha 1