The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Downvote.png.5a6521e5cc8fef9e366300fb17cdc416.png

I think it's because this team is playing terrible that people are starting to see the flaws in the way this team is playing.

We are not in October anymore and this team just can't seem to hold a lead. And 42 shots by Ottawa is just unacceptable 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

If we had average goalies we'd be where LA is in the standings now. Even when they are scoring 4+ goals, they need their goalie to stand on his head to save their collective asses.

This team's defensive coverage is so poor and bleeds scoring chances after chances most nights. If available, I want John Stevens as our Defense coach replacing Baumer. I have seen enough of Baumer's struggle with running a solid defensive structure and breakouts for the last 3 years.

I mean if any team had average goaltending they would probably fall down the standings. Lucky for us we have two good goalies.

But I agree something has to give with the D. We can’t keep giving up the chances we have and expect to win, especially against good teams.

That being said the forwards are part of this equation too. They need to be held accountable defensively as well. Sutter, Beagle, and Motte should definitely help that cause.

• Cheers 1

"Yeah, we had him in after our meetings just so we could all personally congratulate him. I wanted our players to see him up close and personal and talk to him... about his journey. I thought it was important. Burr's meant a lot to our organization. I thought it was a great ceremony. Doesn't surprise me that the words were touching, not only Burr's speech but Hank and Danny's, and everything that he exemplifies, really. What you want in a Canuck... He has it all." - Green on Burrows

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Team is still super frustrating to watch. Need to start playing a full 60 every game. If we can consistently do that, we could go for a run in the Playoffs 

I'm just about to give up on them playing full 60 minutes. I'll settle with 40 minutes -- start strong and finish strong.

Whatever happens in between, I can let it slide.

5 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I would love to see that!

I think Gaud will do well in the top 6. Especially with Bo who needs a quality wing. 

gives us the chance to have Ferland and Virtanen on the 3rd line. 

Gonna have a lot of options on wing as we get healthy.