The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

They won that in the first with energy from the  Burrows ceremony. Roussel with the goal on his first shift back. Demko rock solid. A very satisfying night.

Alex Burrows! Alex Burrows! Alex Burrows! Alex Burrows! Alex Burrows! Alex Burrows!

Congrats to Zack MacEwen tonight. Brings to mind his mother's account of his first NHL game. Very Burrows-esque

Interesting that in his mom's blog she mentions that Zack's brother Kurtis couldn't be at that first game (in which he got his first NHL assist). Well, KURTIS WAS AT TONIGHT'S GAME TO SEE ZACK'S FIRST NHL GOAL! 

We should always have MacEwen family members in attendance!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If the canucks blew the lead, i would have been so pissed. If you're Green, how do you motivate a team that's up 4-0 but getting completely outworked and outchanced? 

Fantenburg goal was flukey and we were fortunate on the offside challenge. Sens had a lot of grade A chances. Demko was solid. 

Game could have easily been 4-3 in the third which is unacceptable. 

I should chill because we win but i hate these habits. Haven't they learned after the avs game and the Pittsburg game? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Team is obviously still gassed from that ridiculous road trip. I’m not too worried about their play too much.

A much needed few days of rest should help.

Team definitely needs a break. Might see Sutter, Ferland and Beagle next week too. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Credit to the Sens. Theyre a hard working team that didn’t quit even when they were down 3.

That being said this team needs to learn how to play with the lead. They’ve gotta take care of the neutral zone and not let opponents glide through untouched.

If not for some very solid goaltending from Demko, They might have made this a close game.

If we had average goalies we'd be where LA is in the standings now. Even when they are scoring 4+ goals, they need their goalie to stand on his head to save their collective asses.

This team's defensive coverage is so poor and bleeds scoring chances after chances most nights. If available, I want John Stevens as our Defense coach replacing Baumer. I have seen enough of Baumer's struggle with running a solid defensive structure and breakouts for the last 3 years.

• Upvote 1