The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Habs @ Canucks Dec. 17 7:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I wish the rest of the team plays with the same hate for the opposition and their fans that Roussel has lol. 

in the SJ game, Roussel was in a scrum and Boeser was smiling and chatting it up with Couture. little things like that annoys me. 

Ya This has been a peeve of mine with this team for yonks.

that being said, as much as I feel Couture has one of the nhl’s most punchable faces, he is a good guy and so is Boeser.  So I guess it’s a case of two dudes being dudes.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Arrogant Green 

always making excuses

team is playing great 

I am great 

forget the fact we are losing amd only marginally head of last year amd out of the playoffs 

Young team...important to keep them motivated and inspired.

At this point, don't really need to throw them under the bus.  I mean...you have to look at the personnel and guys like Petey who's already so hard on himself.  No need to dump on him.  It's a fine line between motivating and deflating.

I feel Green's just fine in how he handles his team.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

in the SJ game, Roussel was in a scrum and Boeser was smiling and chatting it up with Couture. little things like that annoys me. 

Trash talking often goes down with a sarcastic smile...sure it wasn't that?  I doubt he was saying "oh hey buddy, wanna come over and play Fortnite?".

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Ya This has been a peeve of mine with this team for yonks.

that being said, as much as I feel Couture has one of the nhl’s most punchable faces, he is a good guy and so is Boeser.  So I guess it’s a case of two dudes being dudes.

one of my other pet peeve is where play divisional rivals like the Lames and Oil and we show no animosity at all. then we play some random team we have no hatred for and you see lots of emotion lol. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I wish the rest of the team plays with the same hate for the opposition and their fans that Roussel has lol. 

Totally agree. Despite them trying to turn this into a nice game, there has to be some hate between the teams. Ever see Marchand chum it up with an opponment (well, he has tried licking some lol), but he's a master at annoyance and does his job perfectly. Roussel and Burrows are/were of the same llk. They will do what it takes to win. Too bad we couldn't clone Roussel.    

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

one of my other pet peeve is where play divisional rivals like the Lames and Oil and we show no animosity at all. then we play some random team we have no hatred for and you see lots of emotion lol. 

They all play fortnerd together so how can they hate?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Arrogant Green 

always making excuses

team is playing great 

I am great 

forget the fact we are losing amd only marginally head of last year amd out of the playoffs 

Your bizarre preoccupation with everything Green has led me to believe that he either kicked your beloved puppy, or personally defecated all over your Junior B stall--arrogantly.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

The problem is the fans are impatient.  Plain and simple they set the bar too high...the first sign of success and they start planning a parade.

Not everyone expects the team to win every game, but we do expect them to show up in time for the game.

4 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Not everyone expects the team to win every game, but we do expect them to show up in time for the game.

They've had some slow starts for sure ... all teams will at times.  I don't feel there's a lack of effort...I feel that, at times, there's tentative play and uncertainty.  They're trying to figure it out...sometimes slumps mean you try to get too cute.  Squeeze the stick. Get inside your own head.  (Uh oh, here come the "coach crowd").

We sound a little entitled at times as fans.  Get behind the team instead of kicking them when they're down?  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

They have shown chemistry already this season. Jake usually plays good with bo but gets bumped from the line every time in favour of other guys. 

What green should try Jake LW Bo center and rooster RW. 

Man I'm pumped to see Jake in the top six again but hopefully he plays in the top six for the whole game not just a few shifts 

Hopefully he plays like a top 6 winger, and not disappear as he often does when moved up the lineup.  It almost seems like top 6 hockey happens too fast for Jake.

It would be nice for him to use his speed all the time, not just every now and again.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Young team...important to keep them motivated and inspired.

At this point, don't really need to throw them under the bus.  I mean...you have to look at the personnel and guys like Petey who's already so hard on himself.  No need to dump on him.  It's a fine line between motivating and deflating.

I feel Green's just fine in how he handles his team.

Didn’t he throw them under the bus a few games back?

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't recall? 

Remind me?  

The blown lead against the Penguins, his statement after the game:

“It’s 6-3 and our team is feeling pretty good and we make a couple of individual mistakes and it’s 6-5 quick and then we felt the heat a little bit,” admitted Canucks coach Travis Green. “You could feel it in the building. All of a sudden, Malkin kind of took over the game a bit.

“We had a young group of forwards playing and they probably haven’t been in that kind of a scenario in the NHL — maybe ever — and it felt all of a sudden like we couldn’t make the play. We lost puck battles in our zone. And in those kind of games, you’ve got to pay the price to win. And I didn’t think we did.”

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The blown lead against the Penguins, his statement after the game:

“It’s 6-3 and our team is feeling pretty good and we make a couple of individual mistakes and it’s 6-5 quick and then we felt the heat a little bit,” admitted Canucks coach Travis Green. “You could feel it in the building. All of a sudden, Malkin kind of took over the game a bit.

“We had a young group of forwards playing and they probably haven’t been in that kind of a scenario in the NHL — maybe ever — and it felt all of a sudden like we couldn’t make the play. We lost puck battles in our zone. And in those kind of games, you’ve got to pay the price to win. And I didn’t think we did.”

That's perfectly acceptable and appropriate.  He was mild...he spoke the truth.  That's different than calling guys out for not "trying".  They lost battles means they were...battling.