The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Penguins @ Canucks Dec 21 7PM on CBC Winter Solstice Edition

Rate this topic

Baer.

oh god...2-3 MONTHS without Leivo? dang......thats tough. Hes one of the creative players thats now missing. Gaud stepping it up to 2nd line now? Pearson-Bo-Gaud? In any case thats terrible news coz in my eyes Leivo has been one of the better players on the team. Pens managing ok despite being without some important players. Sid, bjugstad and hornqvist. if it werent for malkin id say were gonna win big. Now its gonna be a battle and its up to the team to get it done and win. 

I predict a 4-2 win for nucks. Petey, boeser, Pearson, Gaud with the goals. 

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No it’s not that line is rolling you keep it together 

Don't know if I agree, Bo continues to get scraps for line mates and Jake continues to remain out of the top 6 no matter how well he plays. Sure hope at some point he does not ask for a trade and everyone has no idea why. Bo deserves the best line mates as possible and Jake deserves more minutes due to his great play.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Don't know if I agree, Bo continues to get scraps for line mates and Jake continues to remain out of the top 6 no matter how well he plays. Sure hope at some point he does not ask for a trade and everyone has no idea why. Bo deserves the best line mates as possible and Jake deserves more minutes due to his great play.

I don’t know Bo has a pretty consistent line mate with Pearson. So it is getting better but that third line has been lights out. There’s no reason to change that imo

11 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

What's everyone drinkn? What terrible weather I hate rain.

Good day for Laphroaig I say.

I'm drinking the Loui Kool-Aid,  hope he lights up those qwazy qwackers. 

On a side note bummer about Leivo, I hope him a safe and healthy recovery. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I like Jake, think he deserves more ice time. I think that can happen by playing the 3rd line more. and by doing that the top 6ers can stay a bit more fresh. The 3rd line has been really good as a group. Hockey Gaud, Rooster and Shotgun Jake have the coolest names on the team too. Lol. Gotta keep em rolling together. Don't wanna break apart 2 lines to fill a hole on one. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t know Bo has a pretty consistent line mate with Pearson. So it is getting better but that third line has been lights out. There’s no reason to change that imo

If you look at who our top forwards are and the distribution of minutes, we would be far more effective with Jake in the top 6. Yes Gauds line is doing well but they are playing 10-12 minutes a game while the top guys are playing 20-22 minutes. Our top forwards IMO are : Petey, Miller, Boes, Bo and Jake. They should be getting the lions share of ice time. I see no line that is "written in stone" yet and we are still developing our youth. Why not try out other options for more then a period or two. 

Who knows maybe we discover the next "Westcoast Express" or "Sedins and Burrows" line. Don't know unless you try.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That is why EP should be the Captain

nothing against Bo but EP is the true leader 

Imagine when in a couple of years when he has more experience under his belt and he has grown into a mans body. I agree, he was born to be a leader.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No need to exaggerate. Jake does not play just 10 mins per game. Two games ago he played over 16 min and most games he is playing over 13 mins. He and Gaud and Roussel are playing well.

Keep them together.

I never said that I said Gauds line. :lol: You are right, he is playing well, playing well enough to be in the top 6, actually. ::D