Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

No one will trade for Baertschi because of:

a) his concussion issues

b) his salary

The Canucks are stuck with him and his salary ANYWAY... (whether he plays in the AHL or NHL) why not take a chance and see if he can go back to being the winger Bo needs?  He is proving every game in the AHL that he is an elite player there.  He has proven in the NHL that he was a player here with his point production.

It is just ego which is keeping Green from using him... Green isn't enough of a man to admit he made a mistake.

The only way Baertschi in the AHL gets traded is if the Canucks eat a large portion of his salary... and what does that accomplish???  Just more off the team CAP.

The only realistic way to trade him is to bring him up to the NHL and let him prove he is a player again... as he has already proven in the AHL over the last 28 games.

Good points - sadly for Baer.  I just hope, he still manages to make a contribution this year with the big club while helping the comets with there championship aspiration.

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Thank you Marky and EP

ugly win but it’s 2 points 

that said, if we play like this in Calgary we will be killed 

reffing was awful as expected 

I am enjoying the win ugly strategy !  I just want the Canucks to make the playoffs. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, haton said:

Quit booing Doughty already. Helps him and hurts us. It makes it worse when he scores.

And what he said wasn't that big a deal.

True story. Media blew it out of proportion. Pissed me off at the time but then i clued in and realized he meant to say “we shouldn't loose like that” it wasn't directed at the canucks. No nhl team should loose like that. But nucks fans always so damn emotional. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh My God I can't wait until Scott Oake is off the air. What an awkward tool.

Bieksa: Scott Oake asks bad questions. :towel:

Not sure how appropriate it was he mentioned the passing of Markstrom's father...but maybe thats just me. I believe Oake lost a son a few years ago but I've never been a fan of his.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

True story. Media blew it out of proportion. Pissed me off at the time but then i clued in and realized he meant to say “we shouldn't loose like that” it wasn't directed at the canucks. No nhl team should loose like that. But nucks fans always so damn emotional. 

Not very surprising, that the media would overblow something. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

32 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks are winning games because they are scoring even strength goals again.

They are scoring even strength goals because the Pettersson/Boeser/Miller line is entering the zone in possession and shooting from prime scoring positions.

They are ignoring Green's coaching, which is to dump it in in preference to carrying it in.  Good on them.

Team also got a superlative performance from Marky... that is obvious.  He is MVP this year.

Also makes a difference to have Edler back... in his usual quiet way, he is getting the job done... a little shot blocking, a little hitting, a little meanness in the corner, and some good safe passes to clear the zone.

But the Canucks are still struggling to put up wins... and having problems with the Horvat line scoring... that line is still playing the dump and chase game... and having Louie Eriksson on the line doesn't help.  Bo Horvat will put up less points this year than last at this rate of scoring.  WHY???  He has more talent to back him up... he should be feasting .

Canucks need a creative player with Horvat... logically one would think Green would give Baertschi or Goldobin a chance, but no that won't happen.

That despite the fact Baertschi is ripping the AHL up, with 28 points in 21 games... and Goldobin has 28 points on 27 games.

Despite the fact Baertschi is a proven performer with Bo, we have LE in his place... missing golden opportunities.

Utica is challenging for first place in the AHL because of Baertschi and Goldobin... Boucher is getting the benefit... Canucks should wake up and utilize their resources.

Now some will say we need a defensive player on Bo's line.... I say Bullsh*t.  If you are playing in the opposition's end, then you don't need to play defense.

Canucks are winning despite Green's coaching... thanks to the talent of the team... they'd be doing a lot better with a coach who knew how to use his players.

what do want constant turnovers at the blueline causing odd man rushes the other way ?dump and chase is when they cant  carry the puck  into the zone  or they don't have a play  , you  make the good defensive decision and dump it in . Bring up baer and goldy  ?   we already brought up  baer and he did what when he was here for 6 games?absolutely nothing  so fire that theory out the window 

Now fire the coach  when we are in a playoff spot and on a winning streak , that's funny  

Edited by the grinder
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Those guys on the chicklits played how many minutes a night? 

They thoroughly enjoyed the popcorn in the press box for 2 consecutive nights

or their 6 minutes played per night 

we can’t use back to back games when we are on the road as an excuse for flat play and then turn around and say is not unexpected to get outplayed by another team on a road trip on back to back games 

thankfully tonight we had EP and Marky and they had Quick 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

As per Green on Peteys last dump and chase goal a couple games ago. He said something along the lines of I want those guys to use their skill to gain the offensive zone but sometimes you have to dump and chase and Petey cashed in. It’s a matter of finding ways to score.

You just wanna live an die on that dump and chase mountain don’t you Buzz

Going out on a limb and gunna say buzzsaw didn't play any kind of real competitive hockey. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Yeah, the fly bys were pretty obvious tonight. If it's the players, this team isn't  built right.  If it's how they are  being coached to play, they need a  new defense coach.

Either way, whether the weathered whatever, the bolded is correct.

1 hour ago, haton said:

I guess. I hate getting my nose rubbed in it which will always happen when you boo the top players in that way. lol

And Doughty opened his mouth first.

Goof deserves all of it, not booing him is some weak $&!# on our part.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2