The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

17 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I think it’s awesome too. Obviously he would kill the accuracy competition. But knowing Competitive Pete, he’s gonna be bombing em as hard as he can 

You mean he's aiming for all those posts and crossbars he's hitting?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xereau said:

Good shot is all about the hips.

Watch Petey, he transfers that kinetic energy of his hips into that one timer when he rips it so fast slow mo barely picks it up.

Don't be surprised when he challenges these bigger guys.

Like McIlroy in golf

40 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe they throw Tkachuk out on the ice alone.

Although we have such good character players, Petey and Quinn will probably volunteer to play with him, so he isn't left out.

Didn't Quinn room with him when they represented the US National Team?

37 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Virtanen should be in fastest skater, hopefully NHL makes the change where all players are allowed to play in the skills competition. 

I could have sworn back in the day they did just that.  The hardest shot, fastest skater, etc were actually the players around the league that ACTUALLY were tops in the NHL in those areas.  They only attended the skills, not the game itself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I could have sworn back in the day they did just that.  The hardest shot, fastest skater, etc were actually the players around the league that ACTUALLY were tops in the NHL in those areas.  They only attended the skills, not the game itself.

Yup that’s how they do in the NBA. Makes sense that way. NHL is just lazy, there All-Star games are jokes compared to other sports.

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe the heavier players have higher flexes to their stick that gives them extra oomph to their shots?

Hopefully EP surprises some people, but doubtful anyone beats Weber.

Some of the hardest shooters I have ever seen were far from the biggest guys.   Again, I compare it to a golf swing.   Some of the longest hitters in the world are not the world's biggest guys.