The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

The current strategy will change once the league makes there adjustments.  Good to the staff and team dealing with it on a game by game basis.

Yea, I'm just worried Green is reverting back, that was some ugly 3rd periods early in the season before until he started using our top two lines more.

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

To be fair, if this had been the Jake from earlier seasons he probably would have just taken the shot himself and shot it right into the goalies pads. It speaks to his increasing confidence and greater sense of on-ice awareness that he thought to make that pass to Miller instead. 

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

In the context, the 4th line played so much because they couldn't get out of their own zone when their shift came up, so it made a little more sense in this game. My problem is that Green did this early in the season and the Canucks were getting caved in 3rd periods. He changed it up starting in December, to great success. I don't want to see him revert back to holding leads with the 4th line playing crazy minutes in the 3rd because it'll come back to bite us. 

The top lines were getting hemmed in their own end in the third period as well. The Blues were pressing and their wasn't a whole lot anyone could do about it. The whole point of having players like Beagle and Sutter on the roster is so we can throw them in their when things get hairy. The "changing it up" probably had more to do with Sutter and Beagle both being injured than anything. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, riffraff said:

He chased the puck all night long. That had to be a frustrating game for him.

It's sad to see because I really like him as a player and a talent. He can do some really good things out there but his decision making and awareness is awful right now, might be a confidence issue but I really hope he can right the ship soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

It's sad to see because I really like him as a player and a talent. He can do some really good things out there but his decision making and awareness is awful right now, might be a confidence issue but I really hope he can right the ship soon.

No disrespect to Gaud and Rouss but the chemistry is not going to come easy.

to be fair to BB...

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

It’s gotta be tough getting yanked from that line. Virt makes them more dangerous with weight and speed. Brick isn’t bringing much to that line as it’s more of a puck retrieval and hustle line not brocks strengths. And on the PP he’s playing that low post spot. Rooting for the guy cause we need him but that deployment is going to take its toll on his numbers. 5 straight without a point. 

46 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Because it was all St Louis and he’s a defensive special. Did you watch the game, he was a warrior out there

one of those stats watchers/warriors like how people seem sutters useless, other than there he's always injured defense statement.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The top lines were getting hemmed in their own end in the third period as well. The Blues were pressing and their wasn't a whole lot anyone could do about it. The whole point of having players like Beagle and Sutter on the roster is so we can throw them in their when things get hairy. The "changing it up" probably had more to do with Sutter and Beagle both being injured than anything. 

Nah Beagle was in there all of October and most of November. When he went down, Green had to use the top two lines more and learned that they can do just fine holding a lead in the third as well so he kept it up after Beagle returned in December. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Boeser was horrid on the PP down low.  The defender just had to hold his stick out and Boeser would make a brutal pass or just hand it over. No head fakes or adjustments at all. 

I don’t like him there at all. What we are seeing now are the fruits of a deeper and more talented line up. Sometimes guys get pushed down and Brock is feeling it right now. 

• Upvote 1