The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Feb. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

57 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got to get better at closing out games, especially against a slumping team, but regardless this is a great road win against a decent team and defensive style.

Quinn is getting better and better and it's great to see, his game is ramping up over the last 10 games even. I'm excited to see what he'll be like in 2 years time because even by the end of the season he'll be a better player than he is now.

5 big wins in a row and we've been on a absolute tear since the losing streak. Time to put some distance between ourselves and the rest of the Pacific who are keeping up.

He mentioned in his post game interview that his history is he gets better after Christmas......unreal.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mustapha said:

I really hate how so many of these trophies rely on point production. It's important, but it shouldn't be the primary measurement. To your point, it's clear that Hughes is head and shoulders above the other D men here (no offense to them) and he's a rookie. He makes great plays in tight spots while under pressure better than MOST 10-year veterans. I don't even know who to compare him to, he's like Scott Niedermayer and Patrick Kane combined into one. 

Gotta say he is looking like a more skilled vs of Scotty.  

Incredible talent.  JB may have stolen back to back drafts.  Pettersson would be the clear 1st OA in any redraft.  

With all the legit hype around Dahlin, it is now a 2 horse race for the best D man drafted in 2018.  

With Svech, it's a 3 way race for 1st OA.  

I gotta pinch myself.... this kinda stuff doesn't happen to the Canucks.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Quinn Hughes.... What a stud...

Could care less about Calder, Makar etc just now... All that matter is QH is a Canuck...

Miller didn't get much of a mention, but thought he did really well. Liked that he was straight in, once EP got a jab in front of the goal... He has got jam...

I have bad news for you then. Quinn will win the Calder because he is better suited for the long season with his effortless skating!  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

1942–43    Gaye Stewart    Toronto Maple Leafs    RW    19
1943–44    Gus Bodnar    Toronto Maple Leafs    C    20
1944–45    Frank McCool    Toronto Maple Leafs    G    25

McCool, now that's a badass name.  So cool he doesn't need a nickname, he's McCool.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

Petey and Hughes are the new Sedins. They will set up beautiful plays for years to come!

Except this time, one of them is a franchise defenseman, something we arguably have never had.

Biggest difference is, they make passes in front of the net, and have a triple threat to drive, shoot or pass. Taking nothing away from the Sedins, but a lot of teams let them pass it around behind the net, so they can burn the clock, as it wasn't really a threat back there.

-Watched EP40 closely in this one. Was one of his better games as of late. However, what I noticed is that at the conclusion of a shift, in the opponent's zone, he ends up being the net-front presence a lot. Ideally, he should be the primary distributor or the shooter. I know Miller has been a revelation, but he needs to get better at using EP when in the offensive zone. Miller often will get tunnel-vision and take a low percentage shot, or just over-handle the puck. Chemistry needs improvement if we want them to be the one of the best lines in hockey. 

-Schaller was awful despite the goal. Gave the puck away every shift it seemed like. 

-Boeser needs to stop reversing the puck when along the walls. It's a bad habit he always does and it cost the team a goal. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Canucks_since_birth said:

Surprised we win this much with coach Green. Sometimes I find myself questioning if we can even win with him. @FedorFedorov brought up a lot of good points last year. 

No.... FedorFederov did not bring up any good points.... And by your comments here, either are you.  He was a straight troll that loved to stir the pot during the down years.  He was a confirmed troll otherwise he'd still be here...  No fun when the team is winning.  How about you?  Have you taken his place... It will be lonely here for yah.  You'd have more friends on HBoards... Just sayin'.

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

-Watched EP40 closely in this one. Was one of his better games as of late. However, what I noticed is that at the conclusion of a shift, in the opponent's zone, he ends up being the net-front presence a lot. Ideally, he should be the primary distributor or the shooter. I know Miller has been a revelation, but he needs to get better at using EP when in the offensive zone. Miller often will get tunnel-vision and take a low percentage shot, or just over-handle the puck. Chemistry needs improvement if we want them to be the one of the best lines in hockey. 

-Schaller was awful despite the goal. Gave the puck away every shift it seemed like. 

-Boeser needs to stop reversing the puck when along the walls. It's a bad habit he always does and it cost the team a goal. 

so what did you like? about the team's game ? 

• Cheers 2