The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Bruins - Feb 04 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

compared to what?

I mean really - didn't they #stockpilethapickz?

Wadr - where are all these good picks?  Dermott?  Sandin (13 NHL games)?  Guys like Gauthier and Johnsson pre-dated Dubas.  Seriously - outside the Matthews/Marner/Nylander top 10 picks  - where are all these NHL roster players drafted and developed in their system?  Sounds like a cool story to me.

I was assuming that he (and Hunter?) had a role in the drafting and developing of the Marlies stars, in particular Sandin, (Kapanen was picked by the Penguins, but obtained by the Leafs). It is true that he was only an assistant GM.  He did hire Keefe and he did have a role in the 2018 Marlies that won the Calder.  

I would agree that if Dubas's main contribution was the big contracts, then he has to be seen as not terribly successful -- those contracts have given half their cap space to about one fiftth of the team (Nylander, Matthews, Tavares, Marner, = 39/40 million.)  On the other hand, he didn't give 6 million a piece to 2 D men that aren't really top 2 D (Edler and Myers.)  But your point is well taken: those 4 contracts and the inability to acquire depth on D and in goal is trouble. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

I've never seen Bruins(as I can recall anyway) so it will be fun to see us take 2 points against them.  Especially since everyone seems terrified of them... ;)

I think it will be a great litmus test of where the team is right now. :towel: 

I don't think fans are terrified of the Bruins; it's more like an intense dislike, mostly due to the 2011 playoffs.  Lot of ill will there, but starting to fade now that the team is in an upward trend once again.

As long as the refs don't try to influence the game, it will be a very good test.  Bruins are a top tier team.

• Upvote 1