The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

If Jake is in a deal for Severson I'd be ok with it. 26 year old, right side dman. Jake has some possible upside but I'm losing patience with him.

Yeah, I tend to agree. But my agreeing to move Jake is for different reasons than yours. Lol. If Jake is the main component to a Severson deal I'd be on board for it. Severson would easily replace Tanev's spot in the top 4 next season if need be and would be a big upgrade on Stecher right now for a potential playoff run. Just not sure NJ would take a shot at Virtanen being top 6. If they move Severson the main piece coming back likely needs to be more eye popping.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Montreal never should have traded him imo. That was a good fit and he genuinely loved the city. At least it seemed that way. I don't think he is as bad as people say, just not a fit on any of the teams he has played for post-Montreal.

Not a fan. The year PK won the Norris it should of went to Weber. Never really cared for PK's style on and off the ice. But that's PK for you, you either love him or hate him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. But my agreeing to move Jake is for different reasons than yours. Lol. If Jake is the main component to a Severson deal I'd be on board for it. Severson would easily replace Tanev's spot in the top 4 next season if need be and would be a big upgrade on Stecher right now for a potential playoff run. Just not sure NJ would take a shot at Virtanen being top 6. If they move Severson the main piece coming back likely needs to be more eye popping.

Jersey is doomed to losing fir as long as they expect to play two Smurfette centres as their one and two guys.  It matters nothing of what else they do.  There is no winning in this league with your top two centres being small, soft, and unable to check.  

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

He's a good d-man getting asked to do too much for New Jersey, they likely expected or hoped he could replace Larsson. I think they were also hoping PK could take some of the pressure off but that hasn't seemed to happen. Very good contract for a guy that eats 22 minutes a game (last few games has played 27 minutes a game) and gives you 30-35 points with solid defensive play. Just turning 26 years old too so he could be on the team for many years to come.

If Benning is not interested in moving more picks it'll be hard to acquire him and not trade Virtanen or Boeser or a top end prospect like Podkolzin or Hoglander. Would have to imagine Stecher and Virtanen going the other way as the base of your deal. I'd be hesitant to move Boeser for Severson, I'd rather use Boeser to get Dumba.

I would do that deal all day long

Virtanen has had to be convinced to compete on a consistent basis.  He had a big spurt of great play when Roussel came back, but the last few games you see him completely reverted back to being a perimeter player.  

It is super frustrating.  He gets the puck, beats a player, then angles off and circles behind the net before making a bad pass and losing the puck, it is like his signature “go to” play for the pst several years.  When he was having success he drove to the front of the net and took a couple defenders with him... then the puck went in the net.

If we can get a cheap club controlled top 4, young D for him... you absolutely do that.  Heck, if you get Subban at 50% retained I do that too.

Edited by Provost

25 minutes ago, rekker said:

If Jake is in a deal for Severson I'd be ok with it. 26 year old, right side dman. Jake has some possible upside but I'm losing patience with him.

I don’t know what your expectations are of Virtanen but he’s improved every year and is incredibly versatile. 

That being said, I would not be disappointed if it cost Virtanen for Severaon.

6 minutes ago, Aspie said:

I don’t know what your expectations are of Virtanen but he’s improved every year and is incredibly versatile. 

That being said, I would not be disappointed if it cost Virtanen for Severaon.

Jake has improved for sure. My expectations are more consistency among other things. I have no problem keeping Jake around to see if he finally blossoms but I agree you have to give to get.