The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

26 minutes ago, rekker said:

That looks bad for Barrie. Wonder what this does to Stretchers value? Different players but both righties. 

Can't see it doing anything but help. One less rightie on the market and still the same number of teams shopping...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I would not have minded JB making a trade for Barrie if it was Stecher and a small +.

But the hfleafs fans comments after Barrie just got hurt are hilarious:

What did I tell you guys - 50/50 chance Barrie goes down to injury tonight. Leafs luck. Unbelievable.

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

We are cursed this year... Jesus Christ
Guess we’re gonna find if Barrie truly is addition by subtraction    (He’s not)

My hatred for the leafs and their fans is so strong that I really laugh out loud at home when I read bad things happen to them.

Is that wrong??

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would not have minded JB making a trade for Barrie if it was Stecher and a small +.

What did I tell you guys - 50/50 chance Barrie goes down to injury tonight. Leafs luck. Unbelievable.

My hatred for the leafs and their fans is so strong that I really laugh out loud at home when I read bad things happen to them.

Is that wrong??

No. Not wrong.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

He's a good d-man getting asked to do too much for New Jersey, they likely expected or hoped he could replace Larsson. I think they were also hoping PK could take some of the pressure off but that hasn't seemed to happen. Very good contract for a guy that eats 22 minutes a game (last few games has played 27 minutes a game) and gives you 30-35 points with solid defensive play. Just turning 26 years old too so he could be on the team for many years to come.

If Benning is not interested in moving more picks it'll be hard to acquire him and not trade Virtanen or Boeser or a top end prospect like Podkolzin or Hoglander. Would have to imagine Stecher and Virtanen going the other way as the base of your deal. I'd be hesitant to move Boeser for Severson, I'd rather use Boeser to get Dumba.

You had me until Dumba.

We have Hughes, we don't need a frequently injured, lesser version of him. If anything we need a younger 'Suter' type to play with Hughes.

We also have Rathbone and Rafferty in the pipeline. Seriously sick of people posting about acquiring Dumba on here lol.

Now if you want to talk Ristolainen or Severson, have at'er.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Montreal never should have traded him imo. That was a good fit and he genuinely loved the city. At least it seemed that way. I don't think he is as bad as people say, just not a fit on any of the teams he has played for post-Montreal.

I'm pretty sure MTL is as happy as can be with this trade.

Weber still a beast and their Captain. It couldn't have worked out any better.

• Upvote 1

Financially Barrie lucks out if he doesn't get traded. If he goes to another team doesn't perform like he was in COL his value as UFA will further decrees.

Best for him finish season in Toronto. it's a place he didn't fit in and try cash out on July 1st.

If this injury not too serious and gets him past the tdl it'll be a blessing in disguise for him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Financially Barrie lucks out if he doesn't get traded. If he goes to another team doesn't perform like he was in COL his value as UFA will further decrees.

Best for him finish season in Toronto. it's a place he didn't fit in and try cash out on July 1st.

If this injury not too serious and gets him past the tdl it'll be a blessing in disguise for him.

He's already back in and did absolutely nothing to even attempt to prevent Carolina from scoring the 3rd goal.  Either he's trying to sandbag his value, or he doesn't even care if his defense is acceptable.

Edited by King Heffy

28 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Is that wrong??

I get it we hate the Leafs, but kind of hypocritical to think CDC would not post the same things with If the roles were reversed.

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's already back in and did absolutely nothing to even attempt to prevent Carolina from scoring the 3rd goal.  Either he's trying to sandbag his value, or he doesn't even care if his defense is acceptable.

I'm going back and forth between UFC prelims Boxing prelims Democratic Caucus coverage and NHL games..

too much on tv tonight... would pull out my hair if I had any. lol

Maybe he's playing horrible on purpose. He knows the last thing he needs is another trade with 20 games left going into UFA in summer.

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

...or he is hurt and trying to guy through it to help his team.

He has two points tonight, that doesn’t point towards him trying to tank his value at all.

Edited by Provost

42 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Is that wrong??

Not at all buddy. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

calm down please. All I'm saying is you don't really know what a prospect is worth until they prove themselves. 

That's fair Enough, but that's not completely what you've been saying.. you're saying every prospect is worth the exact same untill they play in the NHL, which is false.

Lind was a high second round draft pick which has done nothing to diminish that fact, and a lot to improve on it... Lind is a high second round pick who is still young and showing promise, to say he is worth a bottome six mediocre Defenseman on a expiring contract is beyond wrong... 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

You had me until Dumba.

We have Hughes, we don't need a frequently injured, lesser version of him. If anything we need a younger 'Suter' type to play with Hughes.

We also have Rathbone and Rafferty in the pipeline. Seriously sick of people posting about acquiring Dumba on here lol.

Now if you want to talk Ristolainen or Severson, have at'er.

I see you on the Dumba point. There are some injury worries there. But his upside is still intriguing to me. Not like Boeser is the healthiest guy around himself to be fair.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm pretty sure MTL is as happy as can be with this trade.

Weber still a beast and their Captain. It couldn't have worked out any better.

His health and the fact he has like 6-8 years on his contract is scary though. Have to admit. He is only getting older and there’s no telling if they’ll be good next year either. I admit he’s a beast but father time gets everyone, the often injured likely have it worse too.

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

His health and the fact he has like 6-8 years on his contract is scary though. Have to admit. He is only getting older and there’s no telling if they’ll be good next year either. I admit he’s a beast but father time gets everyone, the often injured likely have it worse too.

Massively front loaded contract.

Next 6 seasons his salary is as follows

6mill

6mill

3mil

1mill

1mill

1mill

He's playing 2 more seasons , max 3.... then goes on LTIR and retires.

great contract not a problem at all.... 7.8 cap hit. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Okay you love PK more than PK does. 

I'm indifferent on PK as a player. He comes with pros and cons but isn't the player he used to be and not worth his 9M cap hit.

But we just spent a week celebrating the Sedins for their community contributions yet you balk at PK doing the same (donating more btw). Just today you comment on how great is was for Brock and Petey visiting BCCH.. We celebrated Sedins donating 1.5M.. Subban and his foundation pledged $10Million.

49 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I see you on the Dumba point. There are some injury worries there. But his upside is still intriguing to me. Not like Boeser is the healthiest guy around himself to be fair.

Sure but Ristolainen and Severson have been largely healthy.

Boeser doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Edited by aGENT

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

TO Be faaaaaiiiiiiirrrr.....