The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 22, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, xereau said:

They deployed a different D zone system last night. Puck pressure and taking the man. Much much less collapsing to the middle of the ice!

We all know that their offensive systems are top in the league, but to successfully and so convincingly flip a switch like that tells me that we are in for something VERY interesting coming down the stretch here.

Noticed that...going at them a lot more.  It was absolutely amazing!

Expect the unexpected.

35 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Ya they need to do whatever they can to keep Toffoli. Having 2 legit offensive lines could keep as a playoff contender.

Who knows Ferlands status, his future might be on LTIR. Then Josh Leivo's injury has likely hurt his UFA value. Maybe we can bring him back on a decent value contract.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Leivo - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Motte

I have a feeling they are going to sit down with Loui & try to figure out a resolution to this situation. The key thing then will be to move Sutter, or if there no takers possibly Roussel. (Tho that wouldn't be ideal)

I don't think the team has any say in that, other than sending him down.

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

I have that sneaking suspicion scratching around in the back of my mind, that he retires this off season.

It makes a lot of sense.

He may very well and that would be best for the team.  However, its 100% his decision and I think any implication made by the team toward that might get them in hot water with the CBA

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

I have that sneaking suspicion scratching around in the back of my mind, that he retires this off season.

It makes a lot of sense.

As much as I hope you're right, it's hard to imagine a guy walking away from 8 million dollars for the good of the team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

As much as I hope you're right, it's hard to imagine a guy walking away from 8 million dollars for the good of the team.

Agree 100%, However maybe I'm wrong, but would it not just be 2mill after bonuses are paid?

Edited by spook007

59 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If I could sum up, without using words, how I feel about the game last night...Gaud about does it:

image.png

(Love the "oh dear" reaction from the Bruin fan on the right.  "Look the other way and pretend it isn't happening")

Can’t tell which was sweeter, Gauds goal or the pass from Huggy 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

36 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Motte shows far more than Roussel at this moment... Could be curtains for Roussel, if somebody is being moved...

Guy coming off a major injury deserves a bit more slack than that.  Consider that he punched over his weight class last season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, xereau said:

They deployed a different D zone system last night. Puck pressure and taking the man. Much much less collapsing to the middle of the ice!

We all know that their offensive systems are top in the league, but to successfully and so convincingly flip a switch like that tells me that we are in for something VERY interesting coming down the stretch here.

I'm just wondering why they haven't been doing that in the first place? It was amazing to watch, and even more effective.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guy coming off a major injury deserves a bit more slack than that.  Consider that he punched over his weight class last season.

Agree 100 % and not disrespecting him in any way...

But if we have to find money to sign JV, Tanev, Fanta, Stech, Toffoli or whoever they want to re-sign, I think he would be considered...

We can't afford them all... big decisions to be made...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

There were a few camera shots of Bruins fans on TV last night, and the sheer disbelief, horror and shock was absolutely priceless.... loved every second of it... just magical.

The entire hockey world might be a little shocked.

I still can't believe we pounded the $&!# out of them as badly as we did.

Has Boston been ventilated like that yet this season? 

Epic win

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1