The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

Myers is dog sh*t at his pricetag. He's a third pairing defender. I told y'all that before he even came here, been watching the guy since he played for the Rockets. I don't like Green but it's not his fault half the D-men we have can't make plays under pressure, turn the puck over non stop and struggle to make even the simplest of passes. Not to mention bring absolutely zero to the table offensively. We have 3 top 4 d-men and Tyler Myers isn't one of them. Stecher and Fantenburg are not NHL level defenders on a contending team. You can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

That's fine if you don't like Green, but don't try to tell me this defense is good. It's not capable of playing at the level of it's opposition which is why whenever other teams make a push, they usually score unless Markstrom is standing on his head.

I talked sh*t about Myers a few weeks ago and got suspended I recommend that you are careful of your words

That said I completely agree with you Myers Sucks

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, mikkim said:

It happens, I'm pretty sure that Brian Burke or Pat Quinn banned Tony Gallagher from the Canucks dressing room.

Tony the Maggot was his name. Burkie called his column stuff that belongs at the bottom of a bird cage. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NaveJoseph said:

We shouldn't fire Green when we are still in the playoff race.

We thoroughly outplayed Columbus most of the game. It's not his fault Roussel took a boneheaded penalty.

We took 2 bonehead penalties 

we played the 4th line for no reason, green chose to take the foot off the gas. Hard to take dumb penalties when we are trying to score. He saT Hughes. Why? Our best puck moving d man 

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Should have been back in after the 3-2 goal then, what are we resting him up for, the golf season?

give him a break this is his first season in the nhl and he has played almost more that any player .   geez I can't believe your selfishness. he has never played this many games in a season. 

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

This team has 3 good defenceman there names are Edler, Tanev and of course Hughes 

Stecher is fine as well but as a 5-6

Benn is good under the right structure, this team doesn't have that structure

Fantenberg was actually really solid paired with Stech.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

We took 2 bonehead penalties 

we played the 4th line for no reason, green chose to take the foot off the gas. Hard to take dumb penalties when we are trying to score. He saT Hughes. Why? Our best puck moving d man 

Hughes didn't play much in the end cause we were killing penalties. I don't think Sutter's was that bad, he was just caught in an awkward position. Our PK was horrible, and a lot of that is on the goalie. Domingue is not our saviour.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Mac was thinking about himself ( trying to solidfy a spot ). versus thinking what was best for the club......

I agree, that's when a good coach tells Mac while holding a lead not to get involved just play your north to south game and a pat on the back.

Edited by 6string
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Tony the Maggot was his name. Burkie called his column stuff that belongs at the bottom of a bird cage. 

Yes he did, that guy was a clown, who writes an article slamming the home town team, saying Bure is going to hold out when they are right in the middle of the Stanley Cup finals, that's the biggest one that stood out for me, there were so many more, after a while if I saw his name I would just flip the page because I knew the story would be garbage or a fluff piece about the Red Wings

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He has grown as a coach the team has to catch up now. As well as some of the fanbase evidently. 

And passive aggressive like name dropping me but being to chicken to quote and tag me? 

He has definitely grown this year 

I would say about 15 pounds 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, The Great 8 said:

Who do we let go? We have 18m in cap next year. 
Marky 7m

Tanev 5m

Virtanen 3m at least

Thats 15m right there. Is Toffoli going to take 3m? Are we just going to let our best defensive d-man and best goalie walk when our biggest problem is allowing goals?

I don't think we give Marky 7 personally. I think security is more important for him. 

Get rid of Sutter/Baer that's 8 million right there. They're the easiest to get rid of this they are 1 year deals. Benn is on a cheap 1 year deal so that'd be 10M.

If Eriksson retired it would solve a looooooot of issues. IDK if he does but he should.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Media around the Canucks is a joke

just a bunch of beach ball questions and never rocking the boat 

spineless 

what’s wrong with asking what I want to know? 

First question ... would you agree that you are incompetent Travis? 

Lol talk about arrogance...