The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

3 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

This game can't come soon enough. Got the day off work, so just trying to kill time until the game starts. By the way, why is the game at 7:30? I thought all home games started at 7.

I can't wait. As a matter of fact, I am just so pumped we are playing meaningful hockey right now tbh. I think it's why I am remaining pretty level headed right now about the team's current swoon. We should just remember the last couple years of absolute mediocrity when we start to get to pessimistic about the team. Furthermore, they are one win away from equalling their total from the whole season last year. :towel:

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Buzzcock10 said:

I know it's a hockey faux pas to fight on the road late in games when you have the lead. HOWEVER, I think in the case of 2 late PP goals, you can't really put any of that on MacEwan dropping the mitts. The loss can be entirely equated to two really ill-advised penalties, coupled with a new goaltender who has zero experience with this PK.

Not to mention if we did win this one McEwen would be a hero.   Just dumb to blame him.   We should have won that game, we didn't let's move on please. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This team is going to need to forge an identity over the next few years. I love the fact that MacEwan was willing to throw down. It shows the rest of the team and the fans that they’re not gonna be pushed around. We need more of that.

Right now this team is way too passive in so many areas. If they wanna play in the show they’re gonna have to bring way more physicality and team toughness than they have now. We wanna be known as a team that outworks and out hits the opposition, that should be the goal. And if you wanna take runs at our stars you better be willing to answer the bell. No team that has won the cup hasn’t had those elements.

That's still a huge gap in the team's identity. Glad to see Zack stand up for the team like that. His inclusion on the roster makes the likes of Antoine Roussel redundant.

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Yes we would, you have to stay discipline in the final 5 minutes of a game, especially if you have a 1 or 2 goal lead and the other team is yet to have a PP. Veterans should know this already, especially with refs these days. 

Also how did Mac not help the cause? They had 0 momentum after that fight. The momentum started when our veterans forgot hockey fundamentals.

Maybe you’re right. I’m not mad at anyone in particular. I’m mad at the entire team for that third. It was a heartbreaker. 

We didn’t gain any momentum from the fight either and the building got into the game again. That’s what I’m referring to. I had that gut feeling after that fight that things would do sideways. Same thing happened when Miller fought Tkachuk

PS I love Mac, so don’t take this as a I hate fights or don’t like MacEwen. Cause I’m sure I’m just a softie to you 

So laugh it up guys

This team is going to need to forge an identity over the next few years. I love the fact that MacEwan was willing to throw down. It shows the rest of the team and the fans that they’re not gonna be pushed around. We need more of that.

Right now this team is way too passive in so many areas. If they wanna play in the show they’re gonna have to bring way more physicality and team toughness than they have now. We wanna be known as a team that outworks and out hits the opposition, that should be the goal. And if you wanna take runs at our stars you better be willing to answer the bell. No team that has won the cup hasn’t had those elements.

Agree with everything here. I look at the Caps and Blues, both meet all those qualities, hoping we can get to that point. 

This is why I really want to make the Playoffs this year. Our young guys will truly understand what it takes to win, as everything is elevated to another level in the Playoffs.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe you’re right. I’m not mad at anyone in particular. I’m mad at the entire team for that third. It was a heartbreaker. 

We didn’t gain any momentum from the fight either and the building got into the game again. That’s what I’m referring to. I had that gut feeling after that fight that things would do sideways. Same thing happened when Miller fought Tkachuk

PS I love Mac, so don’t take this as a I hate fights or don’t like MacEwen. Cause I’m sure I’m just a softie to you 

So laugh it up guys

Just tired of the passengers on the team, they need to go. Especially some of these guys and there cap space.

Lol don't play that card :bored:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Just tired of the passengers on the team, they need to go. Especially some of these guys and there cap space.

It’s going to cost us our best prospects and even more picks to dump the old passengers.  We are talking about:  Sutter, Loui, Baer, and now Benn, Beagle, and Myers.  These guys are now hurting us on the ice, but we can’t replace them with younger guys because they are nearly impossible to get rid of.  In order to dump these guys we have sweeten any deal to dump them with the young guys we want to replace them with.  It’s friggin’ insane!  

• Huggy Bear 1

Green needs to be the one voicing that message. If he thinks they can flip a switch come playoffs and start playing that style it’s gonna be tough. 

Teams that play that style perfect it over the course of the season. It needs to be ingrained in the way they play.

Green is too soft.  It’s reflected in his passive philosophy and systems.  

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

And why are you yawning you don’t even have to reply. Just being a jerk man. Just thought I was having a conversation here

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Too bad we have Benning. A good Gm would have another Vezina MVP goalie incase of injury. Also a good Gm would have a few more Calder trophy D'men in the minors incase of injury. A good Gm would never have traded a mid round first for a player that will lead the team in goal scoring and points all year. Why would you trade a potential second line centre for a guy that can't even play goal. Sure he's our leading scorer and one of the league's top face off men but we need a goalie and he can't even do that. A good GM never would sign a 6'8 Dman, he'd draft a Russian one and then make him live in Point Roberts where he won't smell any weed. It's the Gm's fault that injury's happen, if he had them on a vegan diet and hired a sleep coach like MG, these injury's wouldn't happen at all. He didn't want to draft Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes or Gaudette that was the scouts. He did however want to draft all the players that didn't make the team.

Lmfao.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Having guys like that make the rest of the team stand a little taller too. Nothing worse than being the only guy that is willing to push back.

They need to have each other’s backs and have that puck mentality. The more guys willing to lead the charge the better. Definitely need to see some more of that fire out of Roussel because right now he’s bringing very little to the table.

Cannot agree more.

Reminds me of Toffoli's first game with us when he was sticking up for EP. No other Canucks were even in the vicinity to help him. 

Sometimes Beagle would stir things up in front of the net, again he's on his own the rest of the guys are skating back to the bench. 

It's probably one of the reasons why Roussel has been a kitten this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1