The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #26

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #26  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #26 Canuck of All-Time?

• D. Lever
    • D. Kearns
    • E. Jovanovski
    • C. Tanev
    • P. Sundstrom
    • G. Adams
    • G. Odjick
    • P. Skriko
    • G. Courtnall
    • B. Horvat

This poll is closed to new votes

The bid for the final spot in the first half of our list was a tight one and ended up coming down to the wire, but Ronning took it in the end by one vote over Lever. Horvat had a field day of the nominations and won by quite a bit with eight so he was added as a voting option.

Reminder to both vote and nominate another player to be added as a voting option!

For those of you who haven't seen these kinds of polls before, the way they work is you vote for who you think is the greatest/top Canuck at the position. As for what is meant by "Greatest" or "Top", I will leave that to each individual. I have my own interpretations, but others may define it differently. Worth noting, that I do want to keep this to their tenures with Vancouver and as players, thus a player like Neely would only be considered for his Vancouver time and guys like Quinn and Crawford would only be considered for their playing careers, not their coaching careers.

The List:

#1 - H. Sedin

#2 - D. Sedin

#3 - T. Linden

#4 - P. Bure

#5 - M. Naslund

#6 - S. Smyl

#7 - R. Luongo

#8 - K. McLean

#9 - T. Gradin

#10 - A. Edler

-------------------

#11 - T. Bertuzzi

#12 - M. Ohlund

#13 - R. Brodeur

#14 - A. Burrows

#15 - R. Kesler

#16 - H. Snepsts

#17 - T. Tanti

#18 - A. Mogilny

#19 - J. Lumme

#20 - S. Salo

-------------------

#21 - B. Morrison

#22 - A. Boudrias

#23 - D. Lidster

#24 - K. Bieksa

#25 - C. Ronning

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Vote Lever

Nominate Garth Butcher = ten years as a Canuck, second in all time penalty minutes with 1668 PIM's, but the fear of God into other opposing players who dares come close to the crease = Vote Garth please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Vote Lever

Nominate Garth Butcher = ten years as a Canuck, second in all time penalty minutes with 1668 PIM's, but the fear of God into other opposing players who dares come close to the crease = Vote Garth please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth I've got Garth in the 30s myself, which means he'd have been nominated by me already if some monkey business guys hadn't gotten in and displaced some of my high flyers.

Tiger Williams still not nominated is an evil that can't remain unrectified.  There are a couple guys that need to get nominated, and then Garth will have my full attention.

And hopefully no more...

You know what, I have been moved by your passion.  I'll start nominating Butcher right after Project: Babych is accomplished.  And that's if Butcher doesn't get in this round, which he may well do.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 2

Kearns.

HANSEN! HANGEN! HANSEN! 

Hansen is 20th in games played amongst Canucks, ahead of a few guys who've made it in

He's also 32nd in total points amongst Canucks, impressive given he played mostly a bottom 6/top 9 role 

He was one of the few players we've had over the last decade that you could count on to give his all game in and game out, he didn't take games off

Seriously, Burrows gets a lot of love but Hansen was right there with him as a heart and soul player 

It's a shame Jovo's an option and he's not when Hansen's got 120+ games on him as a Canuck 

Some may disagree, but to tenure as a Canuck is a huge factor for me

Don't sleep on the honey badger!

image.png.9ee2fb03fb9e051ae3fb5bb97130157a.png

image.thumb.png.6d37f8abe8efbd8e18c939f20b6fea0a.png

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Kearns.

HANSEN! HANGEN! HANSEN! 

Hansen is 20th in games played amongst Canucks, ahead of a few guys who've made it in

He's also 32nd in total points amongst Canucks, impressive given he played mostly a bottom 6/top 9 role 

He was one of the few players we've had over the last decade that you could count on to give his all game in and game out, he didn't take games off

Seriously, Burrows gets a lot of love but Hansen was right there with him as a heart and soul player 

It's a shame Jovo's an option and he's not when Hansen's got 120+ games on him as a Canuck 

Some may disagree, but to tenure as a Canuck is a huge factor for me

Don't sleep on the honey badger!

image.png.9ee2fb03fb9e051ae3fb5bb97130157a.png

image.thumb.png.6d37f8abe8efbd8e18c939f20b6fea0a.png

I've got Hansen next on my list to nominate after Butcher

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, internationalhippy said:

only 15 names left to be nominated.  still no tiger williams, orland kurtenbach, dan hamhuis, janik hansen,  matt cooke. 

Matt who?

Voting Sundstrom.

Nominate Hamhuis.  My heart says Hansen, but Hamhuis was the better player,.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

For what it's worth I've got Garth in the 30s myself, which means he'd have been nominated by me already if some monkey business guys hadn't gotten in and displaced some of my high flyers.

Tiger Williams still not nominated is an evil that can't remain unrectified.  There are a couple guys that need to get nominated, and then Garth will have my full attention.

And hopefully no more...

You know what, I have been moved by your passion.  I'll start nominating Butcher right after Project: Babych is accomplished.  And that's if Butcher doesn't get in this round, which he may well do.

Monkey business indeed.   Thanks for the Babych support, definitely deserves a spot in the 30's and isn't up yet.  Same with Butcher - and the evil that has yet to be unrectified,,,well those three have to be the next three to work on - can't vote them in when they aren't there yet  - and still there is some pretty good choices on the board .... when Edler goes top ten, Mogilny and Salo top 20....guys get pushed out.  Think soon we will really see some egregious face palming worthy nominations....and since some that are in already - a few for awhile - and have no business getting votes before any of these three and are getting votes - this part of the list is going to hurt our feelings ha ha.

• Like 1