The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calls for Charges after Video of Fatal Shooting of Black Man in Georgia

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's totally irrelevant.

There is no self defense here.

They went out and targeted him.

Not the point that was being made.

The poster I was responding to thought they were both cops and  said that they would probably be fired and/or moved to another position on the force.

19 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

None of the three men involved in this murder are cops; one used to be an investigator for the local DA but that's it. These three private citizens decided they didn't like how Aubrey looked, hunted him down and murdered him. They should all spend the rest of their lives in prison and the fact that they're free now is a testament to how easy it is for a white man to murder a black person and get away with it in the states. 

Apparently he was a former cop. They claimed they were making a citizens arrest. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Florida is bad but Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia are Deep South.

Although things like this could happen in any other state.

Happens up here as well (re: Vancouver airport shooting involving Polish national).  Bad/awful training can lead to deadly outcomes.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Watch the HBO (I think) documentaries on the Atlanta child killings.

Pretty &^@#ed up. 

I always thought police attributed lot of unsolved murders to Williams.

He might have killed some but not all the victims.

Edited by CBH1926

Not surprised.

Still the worse vid I've seen is the Vegas shooting(not the mass shooting, the shooting of a man with an air rifle), that was straight up murder (as was this).  The difference was the vegas incident was a active cop giving out instructions in which no one could follow.  

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not surprised.

Still the worse vid I've seen is the Vegas shooting(not the mass shooting, the shooting of a man with an air rifle), that was straight up murder (as was this).  The difference was the vegas incident was a active cop giving out instructions in which no one could follow.  

Is that the one where the suspect was in what looks like an apartment hallway lying face down on the ground begging the cop not to kill him? 

5 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Is that the one where the suspect was in what looks like an apartment hallway lying face down on the ground begging the cop not to kill him? 

Yeah, given instructions that are impossible to follow - cop got off and got paid retirement because he's stressed out.  Sickening 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver

On January 18, 2016, Daniel Leetin Shaver of Granbury, Texas was shot and killed by police officer Philip Brailsford in the hallway of a La Quinta Inn & Suites hotel in Mesa, Arizona. Police were responding to a report that a rifle had been brandished at the window of Shaver's hotel room.

After the shooting, the rifle, which remained in the room, was determined to be a pellet gun. Following an investigation, Brailsford was charged with second-degree murder and a lesser manslaughter charge and found not guilty by a jury.[1] Prosecutors argued the shooting was unjustified.[2] In March 2018, it became known that the United States Department of Justice has reopened the case and is looking into a possible civil rights violation by Brailsford.[3] Brailsford was reinstated to the department in August 2018, then over a month later was granted retirement on medical grounds, as well as a pension.[4] Brailsford's lawyer has said that Brailsford suffered from post traumatic stress disorder due to his shooting of Shaver and the resultant criminal trial.[5]

s a result, Brailsford was unanimously approved to be retired on medical grounds. Brailsford was also given a pension of $2,500 per month. The fact that Brailsford was ultimately medically retired instead of remaining fired was only revealed to the public in July 2019.[4][5][35] According to a pay stub attached to Brailsford's bankruptcy file, he has been working for a steel company in Glendale, Arizona.[36]

Not posting the vid and I don't recommend anyone watching it.

29 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Not surprised.

There was one a few years back that showed a cop firing a shot in the back of a guy who was lying face down on the ground. I forget what ultimately happened in that case, but it was a straight up execution.....

LOCK THEM UP, LOCK THEM UP!

As I continue to watch the news(or stories of the day)on TV AND ONLINE,it just gets harder to explain just how broken the USA really is.The total $hit show that is the Trump

presidency allowing and even motivating citizens to do just evil things.

Lets hope our friends to the south of us have become aware that TRUMP is out for himself and the whole republican party is full of evil men and women who have been in office far too long(mitch mcconnell,lindsey graham,ted cruz) and the bunch are just the worst type of hypacrites and need to be removed from office and put in prison where they belong for the damage they have done.

• Upvote 1

When a society allows private citizens to own weapons.....  these kinds of horrific acts will happen from time to time.

Sickening.   Let the professionals ( police ) own handguns.   Citizens should pay a yearly fee to register hunting weapons and take online  courses every 5 years to keep their ownership/license valid. 

23 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

When a society allows private citizens to own weapons.....  these kinds of horrific acts will happen from time to time.

Sickening.   Let the professionals ( police ) own handguns.   Citizens should pay a yearly fee to register hunting weapons and take online  courses every 5 years to keep their ownership/license valid. 

Just stop the trolling. Jump in the thread about guns and then educate me on how we get the criminals to give up their guns.

Thanks.

Btw this guy was a ex "professional."

These professionals make mistakes. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I agree about 2nd degree murder.  1st degree murder involves a degree of premeditation that could be hard to prove here.  2nd degree, I would assume, should be open and shut.  Punishment doesn't need to vary much between 1st and 2nd degree murder.

one car blocking the road ahead with armed assailants and one car blocking from behind herding him toward the car ahead.  that seems like pre-meditation to me.  That said, they probably weren't intending on killing him on the street, in broad daylight.

If the guy filming was in on it, I wonder how the video got out?

4 hours ago, Russ said:

"We thought he was a local robber"

Well then call the god damn cops and let them deal with it. Don't grab your guns and go after the guy, even if your a former police officer, you know that is just going to end badly and stupidly.

My god how bloody stupid are some americans......  Hope this father/son duo gets whatever the max sentence is, what they did was inexcusable. 

doubt anything will happen, USA for ya esp in the south

33 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just stop the trolling. Jump in the thread about guns and then educate me on how we get the criminals to give up their guns.

Thanks.

Stop trolling.   Your party lost the election....  get over it.   You must have realized tighter gun control laws would be a result.

If your not happy with it, move to the USA and join a wackoo militia.  Free carry your guns into Walmart when you take your family shopping.

I love Canada and our country keeps evolving and gettting better. 

Clearly most canadians want more gun control.     Former anythings... have no need to own a handgun.   Lets the professional ( WELL trained )  cops own the handguns. 

Canadian citizens have no need to own a handgun.

37 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Thanks.

Happened in Lethbridge....not at all surprised.....