The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Markstrom let a couple weak ones in tonight and made a big mistake on rebound control on the other. He needs to be sharper. Also the team played with very little intensity most of the game. I know it's an exhibition but I thought thered be a bit more fight in this tilt.

Boeser and Horvat were the 2 most impressive tonight imo. Hoping to see more out of Hughes, Petey, Miller, and Marky come game 1

Love this team, but if we play anything like tonight I'm not sure we will get past Wild let alone make a run. Intensity level is key with this young core. 

Either way I'm still super excited hockey is back so I wont get too distracted over an exhibition game 

• Cheers 1

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

If we are going strictly based off performance, Juolevi starts over Fantenberg game 1.

The guys who get paid to score were completely shut down by a Vezina finalist. 1 of those 12 grade A chances have to go in to have a chance to win. Fate burg was the least of our problems. 

• Cheers 1

My takeaways:

> Juolevi looked sound & looks to have an NHL future after injury question marks post draft

> Ferland looked good, hopefully he has no lingering post game effects 

> concerned about who’ll score for us if EP/Hughes are held off the score sheet...not a stretch to ask that going against one of the toughest defensive+grinding teams in Minny

> Boeser was sharp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

This game is the reason we need to make the playoffs. Scoring when it counts is not the same as scoring in game 27. Ramp up the pressure and it’s a lot harder. They looked ok out there. Very little finish, a little tightening of the defence is needed, but we need this. It may be painful but the youth won’t learn what the show looks like without being there. 

• Vintage 1

Liked from what I saw in the first period, and deserved a better fate after 20 mins.  Quick, tenacious, and moving the puck very well.  But that let down effort in the second period and lack of attention to details is going to serve as a learning curve for this unproven team.  Can't be careless and lackadaisical especially in your own zone during the post season.  Defensively the forwards jumped way too early out of the zone to cheat offensively, ultimately allowing the Jets to jump on the defenses' stretch passes and lack of attention to detail.

I liked Pettersson, Boeser, Ferland, and Juolevi tonight. Thought those 4 looked really good 

Did not like Miller or Sutter from the forward group.  Did not like Stecher and Fantenberg tonight.  Everyone else was meh.

Can't wait for Sunday when it really matters!

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I want Gaud moved up . he has more offensive then Bo

Pearson Gaud Brock 2nd line

Ferland Bo Jake  3d line

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Toffoli

Virtanen Gaudette Ferland

Lind Beagle McEwen

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

The guys who get paid to score were completely shut down by a Vezina finalist. 1 of those 12 grade A chances have to go in to have a chance to win. Fate burg was the least of our problems. 

I never said we played bad, we outplayed the Jets. Exhibition games are used to analyze situations and Juolevi played better than Fantenberg.

Edited by MrCanuck94

1 minute ago, EP40. said:

My takeaways:

> Juolevi looked sound & looks to have an NHL future after injury question marks post draft

> Ferland looked good, hopefully he has no lingering post game effects 

> concerned about who’ll score for us if EP/Hughes are held off the score sheet...not a stretch to ask that going against one of the toughest defensive+grinding teams in Minny

> Boeser was sharp

exactly!

• Upvote 1