The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

And our forwards have to position themselves for puck support instead of watching the play. Minnie jumps on stuff like that. That and defensive pinches where our forwards have to be aware and rotate up to cover the point.

Both our top 2 lines were scored on today and minus players.. . Bottom 6 were even.. 

Top 6 can't get too fancy. Going to have to take care of their own end first.. goals will come but defense first

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If it’s me drawing up Sunday’s lineup, I go with this for game 1. 

Miller EP Toffoli 

Pearson Bo BB6

Ferland Gaudette Virt

Motte Beags Sutter

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Fats Stech

Roussel looked great tonight and scored! I saw Sutter take a dumb penalty and play softer than butter. I still to this day can't figure out how Sutter has an "A" on his jersey.

Bottom six for game 1 should be:

Roussel-Gaudette-Ferland

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Both our top 2 lines were scored on today and minus players.. . Bottom 6 were even.. 

Top 6 can't get too fancy. Going to have to take care of their own end first.. goals will come but defense first

Yep, the kids panicked as soon as they didn't catch up early in the second. They have to be more patient when it counts obviously. Too be honest, from Greener's comments I think they wanted to get their legs more than anything. I wouldn't start playing serious until something is on the line and it looks like every team is taking that approach. Teams are playing hard but I haven't seen one cheap shot yet. Those are sure to come sooner than later. Completely different game.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think one of those was on Stech. He let his guy past him after he thought the puck was cleared. I think they will look at some stuff and clean up some of those lapses. Minnie's in the same boat as far as rust goes so it shouldn't be the deciding factor. I also doubt that Minnie gets that kind of goal tending.

After watching the replays you can see a few guys letting up on their pursuit. That can't happen when it counts.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Cant wait to see this thing really blow up when Green goes with the same lines on Sunday. It’s a never ending battle between fans and coaches. 

I understand the line combos and the thought behind it but It’s disappointing to see Jake sit. One of my favourite players. There’s just too many NHL forwards on this team like it or not. I think there’s 3 game days in a row next week. I’m sure we are going to see a change or two. I hope Jakes comes out flying if he gets in.

And the game. Well it’s was a pretty decent effort imo. Couple mistakes and shooting against the best goalie in the game right now. Tough luck, sure like to beat those guys one day lol

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Roussel looked great tonight and scored! I saw Sutter take a dumb penalty and play softer than butter. I still to this day can't figure out how Sutter has an "A" on his jersey.

Bottom six for game 1 should be:

Roussel-Gaudette-Ferland

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen 

He's probably a great leader in the locker room. The issue is when he leaves the locker room.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Miller, Boeser, Pearson, Toffoli, Hughes, Pettersson, Roussel should all have letters before Sutter

He’s at the end of an era where we sucked really bad. I wouldn’t expect him to have one next year. They aren’t going to change the captains now. Hes been injured the last 3 years which has drastically impacted his game. He’s on the decline, it happens 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is a centre and who takes faceoffs for me in the defensive zone...  :)

Funny enough?

Its about D zone match ups. Would save you for offensive draws & the PP personally.

1) Pearson Bo Boeser

2) Motte Beagle Sutter

I dont think you will be taking D zone face off's after off sides. Nor Miller. Definitely not by the time it is 2knd round. And the D zone draw is Benn, Seguin, Radulov.