The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

It's Juolevi for me.

Well if they put OJ in, we’ll know for sure if the boy can last physically in the NHL... think we’ll struggle to find a team that hits as much and hard as Blues....

Edited by spook007

8 minutes ago, Xanlet said:

Even the Blue's feed with Darren Pang were absolutely shocked when the Blues came away with the powerplay after this one. I'd like to know the thought process in the refs head to get to that outcome.

Even the blues fans on HF boards were surprised and called out Blias for that hit.

As you can see from my post history I’m generally not one to blame the refs when we lose (if it’s because we played poor) but tonight the refs were actively trying to tip in the blues favour.

It’s a shame the NHL doesn’t use the CAS As a lot of cases could end up there and the league would have to sort it 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

Bo reminds me of linden 1994 when he just put the team on his back emotionally and physically 

I still think Canucks have another gear offensively - Virtanen, Gaudette if he gets in can be contributors 

hopefully Myers is ok

would be cool to get Toffoli back and see him on the second line with Bo and Tanner 

must say- JB has assembled a nice roster with depth-no Toffoli, Ferland and Gaudette as an “extra”

pretty solid and not to mention 

Podz, Hogz and Lind in the pipeline among many other B+ prospects 

-Tryamkin, Rathbone, OJ, Woo, Gadjo, Jasek, Lockwood, Dipietro, McDonut, Rafferty

thats a lot of depth:

in offseason:

Rafferty + as a sweetener to dump LE Or beartsvhi 

sign Pietrangelo 8 mill 5 yrs 

maybe trade Myers for cheap (2nd + small cap dump)

Edited by Canucks Curse

2 hours ago, Xanlet said:

Some of these penalties... wow

I didn’t watch the game, so this is the first time seeing them, but WOW, so ticky tack some of them, good grief. The hit from behind that wasn’t penalized and actually led to a Blues PP, that’s an inexcusable lack of judgment from that officiating crew, their superiors need to review that and fine them or the crew should be removed from the series altogether. I vastly prefer when the players are let go to decide the game, but you can’t allow the cross-checking and extra shots going on, especially when the puck is nowhere to be found. It almost feels like a lot of these games the officials have been asked to call everything that’s close to generate more offense for the casual fan watching on TV. But you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who enjoys the game’s flow constantly being halted with an endless parade to the penalty box.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, EdgarM said:

This has been going on since Bure elbowed Churla because he had finally had enough of it. Raymonds broken back, Daniel being attacked by that loser Keith, Nazzy elbowed in the head by you know who. We are not going to get anything that resembles fairness...….ever. Accept it and play hard. Ftherefs.

As annoyed as I was with the call made or not I do agree, it is, what it is. Being unhappy won’t help. Roll on this team and keep fighting back. Only question is if they can survive the abuse.
Its all a learning experience and will stand the team in good stead for the future...

So far they are getting the experience Benning was craving. And passing in flying colours. 
Loving the hockey we see... its been a long time in coming... Keep it up. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, xereau said:

I'd love to see an investigation by law enforcement on the NHL in both Canada and the US for racketeering.

Would love to see Gary Buttman's rosey little cheeks getting a grilling on both Capitol Hills, under oath.

That display tonight by the refs was SHAMEFUL GARBAGE.

I can barely even enjoy the win, it was that bad.

Me too.  Luckily the team can play through it whereas we can only watch and go mental.  I'm glad the team isn't turning the other cheek or the Blues would only play dirtier still.  But the corrupt refs are still going to penalize us for self-defense.  It's crazy-making and the only solution is to out-play them, which we've been doing.

The Blues are getting desperate and as long as we can keep boxing them out and counterpunching, we'll take them.  Especially with last change for the next two games.  I've been surprised at how bad they are on offense.  Lots of zone time but very little incisive play.  They're a year or two away from being the LA Kings. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

I didn’t watch the game, so this is the first time seeing them, but WOW, so ticky tack some of them, good grief. The hit from behind that wasn’t penalized and actually led to a Blues PP, that’s an inexcusable lack of judgment from that officiating crew, their superiors need to review that and fine them or the crew should be removed from the series altogether. I vastly prefer when the players are let go to decide the game, but you can’t allow the cross-checking and extra shots going on, especially when the puck is nowhere to be found. It almost feels like a lot of these games the officials have been asked to call everything that’s close to generate more offense for the casual fan watching on TV. But you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who enjoys the game’s flow constantly being halted with an endless parade to the penalty box.

Yeah, I was watching the Fox stream and the combination of homer commentary and criminal refereeing was unbearable.  The gaslighting got so bad I nearly turned it off in overtime for the sake of my mental health.  Glad I hung in until Bo made it right.