The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

verified: Couldn’t get the stitches done in time to have him on the ice in the third. He needed a lot of of stitches around apparently and it took too long.

Imo: he has a sliced open his scalp/ear when the skate fling up and hit him. Hope his hearing is ok

Pardon?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't think that they will be going after the cut, if that's what you're referencing...  that's more of an MMA/boxing strategy, but they probably will be targeting every single one of our d-men again.  

I can't really hate any of the Blues to be honest, even after this series.  They're tough, but except for Blais, they're not overly dirty.  Schenn is such a good playoff forward.  I want everybody on our team to play more like him in the future.  Perron is a highly skilled pest.  Parayko is big enough to injure everybody but doesn't do it.  I don't know, I really can't hate the Blues the way that I hate the Bruins for example haha 

@AbrasiveAjax yeah, where's Alf?  Too many drinks, they took his keyboard away?  :)  @Alflives where are you bud?!?

Can't say I'm feeling as charitable as you regarding Perron but definitely agree about the Blues. Win or lose, this series has reinforced our squad with a blueprint for playoff success moving forward. Going toe to toe with the current champs and seeing the way they stick to their systems, playing as a 5 man unit with constant puck support and giving it their all every night is a crash course for our young guys in playoff 101.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Naw. You couldnt have watched the same game I did. Outside the first 12 minutes we were dominated 80% of the time. Markstrom is the only reason this wasn't a blowout, and Motte helped bail us out in the offensive side of the game. Just because the goal didnt count/go in doesnt make everything that happened b4 it redundant. We got lucky last night. You cant let the Blues keep coming at you for 5 minutes with a 1 goal lead and expect to hold on

You gotta learn hockey better. Clearly not a goal as any half seasoned hockey viewer can see. Also, the team was gassed without Edler or Myers to play those crucial moments.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Yes i do, he was pretty funny.  Don't know how anyone can hate TG or JB now. This team has it's best years ahead of them.

I was only critical of TG's deployment of Tuna, still something fishy about it. He finally puts him on one of the top lines and he scores a goal and an assist.

Not sure if that was intentional, but well played, if so...

• Haha 3

Woke up with a huge smile on my face. 

This young team gutted out a win down 3-1 in a crucial game 5 of a playoffs game against the defending champs who owned the league in March in preparation for the playoffs. 

They were asleep during the playin but woke up for this round and we punched them right back in the mouth yesterday.

Next game will be even tougher but I think we as a group saw what we can do yesterday when we skate hard and play our style of hockey and not let up. 

Blues will do everything they can tomorrow but if Brock and JV step up again, i think we squeak this out in OT. 

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Apricot said:

Wow can you all believe that we lost this series in 6

;) 

that was my prediction from the get go. Blues in 6

hangs head in shame, (I'm not good with predictions)

now I just won't be able to enjoy the rest of the playoffs knowing that my prediction was wrong.

sigh

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't think that they will be going after the cut, if that's what you're referencing...  that's more of an MMA/boxing strategy, but they probably will be targeting every single one of our d-men again.  

I can't really hate any of the Blues to be honest, even after this series.  They're tough, but except for Blais, they're not overly dirty.  Schenn is such a good playoff forward.  I want everybody on our team to play more like him in the future.  Perron is a highly skilled pest.  Parayko is big enough to injure everybody but doesn't do it.  I don't know, I really can't hate the Blues the way that I hate the Bruins for example haha 

@AbrasiveAjax yeah, where's Alf?  Too many drinks, they took his keyboard away?  :)  @Alflives where are you bud?!?

That's very diplomatic of you, but if Perron got into a fight with Marchand, I'd be disappointed that they both couldn't lose....

Kind of like a Bruins - Flames Stanley Cup final....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wasn't sure at the time. The one behind the net waved it off right away, but it was never explained if he was saying it didn't go in, or if the buzzer had gone off before it did. The explanation after the review was "time had expired", but I don't know that it proves anything.

I thought he said, "No goal as time had elapsed and the puck never crossed the line"

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Can't say I'm feeling as charitable as you regarding Perron but definitely agree about the Blues. Win or lose, this series has reinforced our squad with a blueprint for playoff success moving forward. Going toe to toe with the current champs and seeing the way they stick to their systems, playing as a 5 man unit with constant puck support and giving it their all every night is a crash course for our young guys in playoff 101.

Matching up against the Blues have been invaluable in terms of experience for this young club. Its no longer about being satisfied with playoff experience now.  Our goal is to close it out tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

You gotta learn hockey better. Clearly not a goal as any half seasoned hockey viewer can see. Also, the team was gassed without Edler or Myers to play those crucial moments.

If it wasn't just lastnight I'd agree with you, but it's an every game thing with Green. This guy always sits on 1 goal leads in the 3rd and it burns us so much. Idk how you can say CLEARLY when the puck is hidden. That's the opposite of "clearly". The goal didnt count so its whatever. My point about sitting on a lead is still valid, and yall know that and that's why yall are so focused on the goal that didnt count/go in to try and make my point invalid. That shot in game 2 with under 10 seconds left went in, this game we are very lucky it didnt happen again. That's all I'm saying. Letting a team come at you without pressuring the puck carrier on a team with no goalie in net is going to  cost you more than itll reward you. 

Unless you like nail biting finishes, you should be doing everything to get the EASY goal instead of relying on your goalie to make the HARD saves

• Haha 1

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

If it wasn't just lastnight I'd agree with you, but it's an every game thing with Green. This guy always sits on 1 goal leads in the 3rd and it burns us so much. Idk how you can say CLEARLY when the puck is hidden. That's the opposite of "clearly". The goal didnt count so its whatever. My point about sitting on a lead is still valid, and yall know that and that's why yall are so focused on the goal that didnt count/go in to try and make my point invalid. That shot in game 2 with under 10 seconds left went in, this game we are very lucky it didnt happen again. That's all I'm saying. Letting a team come at you without pressuring the puck carrier on a team with no goalie in net is going to  cost you more than itll reward you. 

Unless you like nail biting finishes, you should be doing everything to get the EASY goal instead of relying on your goalie to make the HARD saves

Well call up Greener, you know better. I am at a loss as to how you can't pick that puck up with your eyes but carry on.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Reminds me of a dad joke....

Kid says, "Hey dad, I'll be good for $10.00"...

Dad says, "When I was your age, I was good for nothing"....

Lol! 

Who knows maybe I will convert my daughter to like hockey? So tired of her being obsessed with tiktok and Snapchat (she cant even talk to anyone right now without moving her arms in some stupid dance).

Well worth the $10 bucks a goal...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

And I think I remember Green was our coach when Bo, Pearson and Loui scored these EN goals in the regular season.   Maybe that was his "failing"last night - not getting that line out?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Lol! 

Who knows maybe I will convert my daughter to like hockey? So tired of her being obsessed with tiktok and Snapchat (she cant even talk to anyone right now without moving her arms in some stupid dance).

Well worth the $10 bucks a goal...

It's funny, because my youngest is/was a figure skater. She never cared a whit about hockey, until one of her teachers was the star forward on our local Senior team. Her and her classmates started going to every game after that.

Didn't give a frack, when I was playing in tourneys...:unsure:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

And I think I remember Green was our coach when Bo, Pearson and Loui scored these EN goals in the regular season.   Maybe that was his "failing"last night - not getting that line out?

Lets not forget that Miller had a pretty good look and shot it wide...

...just too bad it wasn't a real sniper like Loui....B)

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Well call up Greener, you know better. I am at a loss as to how you can't pick that puck up with your eyes but carry on.

Why does it even matter? Ok Marky saved it and came up big again. If they scored would you be happy with the way they played for the last 6 minutes? You cant just say they played good because Markstrom made big saves. Markstrom played very well. The team on the other hand played really bad for the final 5 minute and not result will change my mind on that. Result of game does not change the way your team played. We had a hell of a first 12 minutes. Horrible last 8 minutes and first half of 2nd period. Played a good 3rd up until the 5 or 6 minute mark and decided we were going to let Markstrom win or lose the game for us