The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

The Canucks had their chances but not the bounces. Vegas got the bounces. 

Do you watch the game or the score?

Say what?  I saw zero Grade A chances and maybe like 3 Grade B chances.  The rest of the game was the Canucks shooting weak wristers from the blue line and peeling off for a change. 

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Same coach who made adjustments last series, but with that said, it was boneheaded.

Weird lines from the get go, seemingly for no sense. Postmodern coaching is postmodern, I guess.

I am personally most concerned with team D structure, or lack thereof beyond "clog up the middle of the ice". Concerned isn't a strong enough word heh.

its one game im sure travis will change some  stuff up  macewen and grav need in and hit anything that moves  we need  our stars not bullied  time to protect pettersson  makes me sick to my stomach when teams run him 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I agree.

I also don't think Vegas is this machine that can't be stopped (either).  I think they get away with stuff and Reaves is an ass who gets away with stuff that Rous didn't.  Not sure why?  And if Myers did half of what happened out there, it would be noticed.  I'm REALLY tired of the double standard.  They got...one tripping penalty I think.  But apparently these aren't penalties.  Rous trolling Reaves gets all the attention.  Just infuriating.

Nope, not a cross check.  (They were all over Quinn and double teaming him at times).

image.png

I remember this one...was a charge after the puck was gone.  Maybe we could hit the puck off Frankenstein's fat foot into the net?

image.png

Nope, no penalties here....this is allowed in hockey.  It's called face check.

image.png

image.png

image.png

But hugging a guy to tell him to piss off?  NOPE, NOT ALLOWED...MISCONDUCT.

I'm getting real tired of the one sidedness of it all.  Did it matter in this game?  Likely not.  But it certainly doesn't help.

Is it hockey or ?

I once read that if any Canadian team wins the cup, it's a 150 mill loss in downstream revenue.

Take that for what you will.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Tryamkin is the answer... but he won't be here this year... but should be next if Benning has any sense at all.

Tram re-signed in Russia again. Unsure if he can opt out or not, but he's not likely playing here next year. 

13 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

One thing I hope Benning is paying attention to is the intimidation factor... i.e.  Reaves...  and what Tryamkin would do to reverse that if he was on the roster.

Tryamkin should be a member of this team... too late now because of Covid, but next year if he isn't on the team, I will have to re-think my support of Benning.

Tryamkin did not want to play that kind of game.

• Cheers 2