The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Let’s examine the Green missteps (to the dismay of Travis Green Koolaid drinking supporters) 

- no game plan to match Vegas 

- puts Loui back in the top 6

- does not sit Marky for the start of the 3rd

- no defensive structure .... since day 1 

- no in game adjustments... d or o 

- did not have the team prepared whatsoever

- plays Hughes the full 3rd period 

but hey you dare not challenge our coaching... the “real” fans apparently do not question leadership 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Not worried at all about this loss.

Emotional win against the Blues and turned around to play a Vegas team that has been sitting and watching video on the Canucks. Vegas looks beatable despite the score. Looking forward to the next game.

Not sure what game you watched but OK, you do realize we have never beat Vegas in regulation, I Green doesn’t come up with something new then history is not on our side.

• Cheers 1

Just watched the 10 min misconduct penalty incident/call on Roussel. (??)

Black Hockey Player Lives Matter

That taunting fly by the penalty box by Reaves should have been penalized, also. This game needed a 4 on 4 in that situation. Refs misinterpreted the drama as per usual.

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Let’s examine the Green missteps (to the dismay of Travis Green Koolaid drinking supporters) 

- no game plan to match Vegas 

- puts Loui back in the top 6

- does not it Marky fit the start of the 3rd

- no defensive structure .... since day 1 

- no in game adjustments... d or o 

- did not have the team prepared whatsoever

- plays Hughes the full 3rd period 

but hey you dare not challenge our coaching... the “real” fans apparently do not question leadership 

Entire team was invisible, including the Captain.

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Right, but you'll have a guy that scores a hat trick, or someone like Pat Kane, and camera will focus in on him maybe 5-6 times a game.  This was just Reaves in between each whistle.  

I think Reeves was a microcosm for the game, just bigger, harder, meaner and dirtier than the Canucks. His team followed along, Tuch speared Stech, Cousins tried to injure Brock, we needed some pushback but there's nobody on this team with the physical ability to push back. Our two best players each weigh about a buck fifty, there is NOBODY on LV that small. They cut down Quinn's time and space and that was the game. Almost everything offensively runs through Quinn and if he can't walk the line, we're screwed.

It was obvious to me the fix was in in the first couple of minutes, Brock had the breakaway and the Vegas DMan hooked him, and NO F'N CALL, GRRRR.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pathetic game

Green has zero game plan for Vegas 

DeBoer was prepared for Vancouver 

lack of structure was in full view and lack of in game adjustments in full view 

Of course he was prepared. His team was off since Tuesday. They were able to gameplan for the Blues and the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Not sure what game you watched but OK, you do realize we have never beat Vegas in regulation, I Green doesn’t come up with something new then history is not on our side.

The past does not matter. I watched a hockey game where Vegas looked very beatable against a Canucks team that just had an emotional win and no time to study and prepare mentally for. 

The Canucks had their chances but not the bounces. Vegas got the bounces. 

Do you watch the game or the score?

• Cheers 1

Just now, FaninMex said:

The past does not matter. I watched a hockey game where Vegas looked very beatable against a Canucks team that just had an emotional win and no time to study and prepare mentally for. 

The Canucks had their chances but not the bounces. Vegas got the bounces. 

Do you watch the game or the score?

Both, we were out hit, out shot and out chanced, oh, and out coached, Apart from maybe the first 10 minutes it was actually pretty sad.

4 minutes ago, Violator said:

Panthers have been given nothing but chances to succeed they had galant and fired him told him to get his own taxi.

I just mean in terms of When they became an expansion team in the 90’s.  They weren’t given a Stanley cup contending team upon expansion.

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Rookie year Jake would have obliterated him. I think that was Stephenson. I yelled at my screen when he slammed on the brakes 3 feet from him. 

Reminds me of the time Bertuzzi ran over Barrett Jackmam in the playoffs or Raffi Torres on Seabrook except this time, there was no hit... 

I wonder what was going through Jake's mind there... 

But besides that one fly by, the game I watched, he finished his other checks. I don't know why we always dwell on one play.