The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 25th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

We need more size, snarl and speed on this team...up to the GM to find the right players for that...wishful thinking on my part!! Canucks don't have the right people in charge to make the necessary changes needed to help us get better sooner than later. Wasted cap space is a major issue for us and we just turned the corner to being somewhat good and have 0 cap room

Just hope the boys play hard, however long the series goes. Take it as a learning experience like we did against the Blackhawks before we finally beat them.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

We need more size, snarl and speed on this team...up to the GM to find the right players for that...wishful thinking on my part!! Canucks don't have the right people in charge to make the necessary changes

Yawn.  They added Myers = 6'8", 229 lbs and Ferland = 217lbs, along with Miller = 218lbs, and Benn, Fantenburg,  Bailey, Graovac - all big bodies, all bring more size and grit to the team - 3 of those guys happen to be injured, as is Toffoli....(and Leivo)

Edler and Miller are playing with obvious injuries (and I wouldn't be surprised if Horvat is, also).

"don't have the right people to make necessary changes"..... one game after knocking off the Stanley Cup Champions - without some of the size and snarl available to them.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Reeves is being overrated by the Idiot panel on cBC and sports net.  WTF.  He's a factor but not the deciding factor in our game.  

The camera really seems to love that guy. I swear that on more than one occasion Monday, the broadcast cut away from on-ice action to show him just sitting on the bench. 

23 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, I hate to break it to you, these refs are the absolute best at their job on the planet.  So, if it's that distressing to you, probably best to find another sport to watch becaise this is, literally, the best it's ever going to get.

Not sure where you are coming from with this Stawns, I'm neither distressed nor am I one of the tinfoil hat wearing brigade who thinks referees are out to get us. Deb and I were merely discussing how even the on air commentators were shocked by some of the calls. These refs may be the best but their actions aren't above scrutiny.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I don't buy that, I just don't. I hate the inconsistencies as much as anyone but this game, at this level is ridiculously tough to ref. Mistakes will always be made. Mistakes I get and I accept, and conspiracies I say are are for losers. I do have a beef with the inconsistencies within a game and that does bugs me to no end. A reffing crew should be able to deliver a level game within a game and manage that game appropriately. 

45 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Make your point without name calling please. 

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

No one is saying that game management doesnt exist. I am saying it happens but you have to deal with it. No eyes closed or plugging of ears. You have to beat the refs and the other team sometimes.

I have to just respond to this with:  "it shouldn't".  

You can't always "beat the refs" and shouldn't have to.  

But it is what it is (for now...until enough people DO speak out across the league and its forced to address it).  Battling through it only takes a team so far.  But I don't expect to win in this league anymore...I only hope to see some good hockey.   Which is sad in itself.

The guys didn't bring it last game...that's the focus.  So, hopefully, tonight they will and Sutherland has some sort of conscience and gives us a fair shake.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Exactly.

Forget Reaves.  He's a distraction himself.

Hit Theodore every chance they get.  And Schmidt. 

These are the guys this team needs to wear on - forecheck, slow their transition game, make them play in their own zone.

I agree (about hitting their D): Theodore and Schmidt are tall but skinny.

Last game, near the end, the Nux appeared to be targetting 27, who I believe is Theodore, and he didn't like the attention.

He was cringing before each hit and got rid of the puck before he needed to.

This is the type of thing we can do to score some goals.

Whitecloud also should be a target, as even though he is good, he is young and we were getting to him too.

So send anyone who can hit onto their defense hard, and see if we can loosen up some pucks.

NHL refs have an incredibly tough job, everything moves 100 miles an hour out there. Sometimes they don't catch everything, sometimes they make mistakes. What would add to the annoyance of these refs is certain players causing them grief, acting like a fool, or constant diving or complaining to them about every little tap, etc.  Refs probably get annoyed at times with certain players, maybe that affects how they call the games? Canucks just need to put their heads down and get to work. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1