The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Thank You Oldnews for your non-biased approach to this discussion. Its nice to see someone take on such an emotionally charged subject such as this and put it into perspective without the back and forth pointless bickering. Also, I learned a thing or two about history etc. , a bonus. ::D

Thanks EdgarM.

Where Jordan Peterson is concerned - one of my favorite things he has to offer (on the other hand)  - goes something along the lines of "don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself."

In this context you hear that alot - people avoiding talking about "race" because "we" don't know what "they" think/feel, etc - and/or are afraid to offend people unintentionally - but by taking the risk of making fools of ourselves, and engaging, we might actually learn/find out things we never otherwise would have. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I just wanted to take a minute to say just how proud I am of our players 

they have demonstrated nothing but class and maturity beyond their years and when clowns from the Blues and Vegas were acting like fools on camera our boys were classy and composed 

now they have shown they are concerned with social justice issues 

great group of humans we have on our Canucks roster 

Voluntarily reaching out to Reaves as a group speaks volumes about the character of this group.  Pat Quinn is smiling looking down at these young men continuing his legacy.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

You can't say there is no fascism in America at the same time as describing large numbers of people in America as fascists. I know I'm wasting my time here, but I suggest you go read some things about what fascism is because you clearly don't know. That's okay but unless we have a common framework for what words mean this is just going to go round in circles.

There is no red. They are red because they are blue. Red and blue share the common bond of being colours.

My gawd. 

Facism in government is what I'm talking about here. Lol

I have read about Fascism that made me conclude with the statements I mentioned about them.

Seems like you're the one who is uneducated on this topic, bro.

• Haha 1

Let's go Canucks...imagine if they (the Canucks) win both games on the weekend....

I have to say that would be an all round good weekend and then they win the 5th game...they would immediately become contenders by beating the supposed two best teams in the West. Saturday's game will be a real indicator, a gauge of things to come...it's the biggest game of the series....gotta be thinking in the now, now

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not true.

You are legally entitled to not comply with an illegal search of your person or property.

You also don't ever have to answer any questions if you don't feel like it.

Yes, it can make your life more difficult for a short period of time, but then you can sue for illegal search and seizure, destruction of property and for violating your charter rights.

If the cop happens to be a power tripping dickwad, which a large number of them are, and he decides to get rough, then you can nail him for police brutality.

Cops illegally entered my house once upon a time, and they never tried that $&!# again.

Stuff white people say. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Capture.PNG.0b0672cd0ba323e66db5e21dbfb1ac67.PNG

Wow Troy Stretcher sitting at a + 7 for the playoffs ?? Who woulda thunk... 

A bit sad seeing Jake at the bottom there but if there was ever a time for him to step up its noww. Also shows the depth we got when someone of his skill set and pedigree can barely crack the lineup

• Cheers 1