The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

30 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Well now that I think about it a bit longer is it actually possible?  If the Ekblad deal was Boeser and a 2021 1st and the other deal was as described, do Florida and Arizona accept?

Still leaves us a healthy cupboard of prospects without those picks.

I think those deals could be done but I’m sitting on the $&!#ter rn and too lazy to run through the cap space dilemma. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

My best offer for OEL would be:

Gaudette, Rafferty, LE (2mil retained), 2021 2nd

for 

OEL (2 mil retained) 

I’d do that in a heartbeat. Sadly I don’t think Arizona would and I can’t imagine they retain 7 mil on his salary for the next 7 years. But that would be a heck of a trade if Benning could pull that. 

4 hours ago, nergish said:

OEL isn't elite? You mean mediocre hockey players get to own houses like this?

Also, notice how at 1:37 he mentions Vancouver ;)

I mean, he talks about how expensive it is here, but he's clearly been thinking about this for a while.

You speak Swedish? I’d love to know the context in which he said Vancouver.

6 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I’d do that in a heartbeat. Sadly I don’t think Arizona would and I can’t imagine they retain 7 mil on his salary for the next 7 years. But that would be a heck of a trade if Benning could pull that. 

I meant retain 2 mil for 7 years, not 7 mil. But 6.5 for Canucks would be good cap hit.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

You speak Swedish? I’d love to know the context in which he said Vancouver.

Subtitles, my friend.

He said "a house like this would be 10-12 million in Vancouver". Which is definitely true.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

Subtitles, my friend.

He said "a house like this would be 10-12 million in Vancouver". Which is definitely true.

He's an expert in Vancouver real estate? How long has he been pining for us?! We should bend over Arizona even more in a trade! 

• Haha 2

Sounds like OEL is sold on VAN and ARI has their backs against the wall. I'm sure Benning's offer is fair, and that could be why ARI is balking. A player like OEL, they'll want to maximize their return. Problem for them is the same problem VAN faced years ago, he wants out and really wants to go to one place (VAN). BOS is probably his backup plan. I know it sounds arrogant, but I'm not sure it is. I think he genuinely wants to live here, not just play hockey. I wonder if ARI is waiting this out, trying to make things difficult for Benning, knowing he has a lot of other players to sign. Benning is under pressure to get that stuff done this week. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Armstrong trying to decide whether to include his first-rounder in the deal.

Seriously though -- this throwing in of Demko and Boeser in proposals, on top of good prospects, players, and first round picks, is facepalm-worthy.  I'm anticipating we will NOT be sending a first, nor have more than one prospect along the lines of Juolevi in the offer/deal.  Perhaps it would even be two B-prospects like Madden, but unless Jimbo gets say 25%-plus retention on OEL I don't see multiple top-end assets going over.

what good prospects have ppl been tossing in? the only prospects we have that's considered A borderline A is Podz and Hogs which i haven't seen anyone included. Eriksson + 1st isn't even enough to entice almost any team in the league and you want to offer Eriksson and b prospect and no picks for still a top tier defenseman on top of that want retention just to toss in another B grade prospect when most B grade prospect don't even end up having a respectable career in the NHL. So all of a sudden Eriksson is positive trade value and OEL is negative trade value?

JB hands down GM of the decade if he can go from no one wants Eriksson + 1st or prospect for cap dump to Eriksson + chump change for OEL

56 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Says he doesn't hate Boeser but would take Jake over him any day...

lmao lol GIF

so that means you dislike a player because you like the way a different player plays more?  Can you explain, in some detail, what it is you like somuch about Boeser?

• Haha 1