The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Post-Mafia

Rate this topic

AV.

2 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Mafia won fair & square, and gave the Town a serious beat down. It was a well deserved victory. All this whining gotta stop

Town had plenty of suspicion on the Maf, & just couldn't get it done.

Big congrats to @Zfetch @luckylager @BoKnows @Sharpshooter

Toss Maf PM?

This guy gets it. Thank you. 

• Cheers 2
5 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I feel like super strict GK problems doesn't fix it in most cases and GKs can be really detrimental. Ideally you'd want to sub out a player before a Gk but that's hard to do. So my best advice is to be careful about who's allowed in.

We should be straight about what's acceptable and what's unacceptable. The amount that Sane played this game? Totally unacceptable. I understand he has real life but you can't post once per round in a mafia game. Darth Melvin? He didn't post much more than that. 

I did say we should go after slankers...

6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

Darth Melvin? He didn't post much more than that. 

miss me GIF by CBC

Oh Balupa...Some things will never change.  

Imma be in your head bruh.

the sandlot GIF

Cuz you back and it didn't take long for you to mention me. I live rent free baby.... RENT FREE!

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

In for J's game, if he will have me.  lol

miley cyrus smile GIF

lol

• Cheers 1
1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I did say we should go after slankers...

Been saying that for ages. 

But, I agree with the other thoughts put out about slankers. 

- Choose players wisely. 
- Sub if possible, and GK when not. 
- Use post min limits to encourage posting. 

Slanking is part of the game and can be a useful tool when employed strategically, particularly by maf or specials, imo. 

If you’re town and you slank or you know you won’t be able to post, then don’t play, or ask for a sub ASAP. 

Just using your post to bounce off my two cents. 

• Cheers 1
59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Been saying that for ages. 

But, I agree with the other thoughts put out about slankers. 

- Choose players wisely. 
- Sub if possible, and GK when not. 
- Use post min limits to encourage posting. 

Slanking is part of the game and can be a useful tool when employed strategically, particularly by maf or specials, imo. 

If you’re town and you slank or you know you won’t be able to post, then don’t play, or ask for a sub ASAP. 

Just using your post to bounce off my two cents. 

In a flipless game, I thought taking out slankers was necessary because they would be constantly debated every round. Without flips, it was important for the TP to take out the “LHF” so we could work with the body of work from other players. Though I died and was a lynch candidate in R1 so I can’t pretend I helped the cause. 

Still had fun though. @Ceres let’s do another one

• Cheers 1
2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Oh Balupa...Some things will never change.  

Imma be in your head bruh.

Cuz you back and it didn't take long for you to mention me. I live rent free baby.... RENT FREE!

In for J's game, if he will have me.  lol

lol

You literally spent the entirety of day 1 playing a prank on me. I keep giving you chances man.

All our grievances aside, it's my belief that forum Mafia simply doesn't work if you have players posting once or twice per round. And when we run 24 hour rounds, I just don't see a place in the games for players that cannot at least post 5-10 times meaningfully. Every slot in a mafia game is important. And every slot that is filled by an inactive player is taking away from the game. 

I don't mean this as a person attack; I know people have busy lives but these are my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

And it's not a reasonable proposition to simply expect the town to yeet all the low posters. Because in a lot of games that won't win you the game but will just give the wolves time to kill and the big threats and then take control of the thread.

so u playing or what

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

And it's not a reasonable proposition to simply expect the town to yeet all the low posters. Because in a lot of games that won't win you the game but will just give the wolves time to kill and the big threats and then take control of the thread.

Agreed. Maybe 5 posts or vote doesn't count ala fetch style B)

• Vintage 1

Player List

1.  Qwags

2.  BoKnows

3.  falcon45ca

4.  naslund.is.king

5.  TheRocket18

6.  Aladeen

7.  Zfetch

8.  Master Radishes

9.  luckylager

10.  Darth Melvin

11.  Sharpshooter

12.  Blue Jay 22

13.  GoCanucks16

14.  Ceres

15.  AV

16.  Sane33

Edited by J-23
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Player List

1.  Qwags

2.  BoKnows

3.  falcon45ca

4.  naslund.is.king

5.  TheRocket18

6.  Aladeen

7.  Zfetch

8.  Master Radishes

9.  luckylager

10.  Darth Melvin

11.  Sharpshooter

12.  Blue Jay 22

13.  GoCanucks16

14.  Ceres

15.  AV

16.  Sane33

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

48 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

In a flipless game, I thought taking out slankers was necessary because they would be constantly debated every round. Without flips, it was important for the TP to take out the “LHF” so we could work with the body of work from other players. Though I died and was a lynch candidate in R1 so I can’t pretend I helped the cause. 

Still had fun though. @Ceres let’s do another one

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

so u playing or what

This game was me giving in to the craving for mafia but also seeing if it could work with my current schedule. Result:

Spoiler

It did not work. :(

Maybe I'll play again in a few months. 

But for now, I'll return to vetting game balances and berating players for not following the rules. 

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 3